Intermittent Fasting, Thoughts?

I kept seeing this popping up everywhere where I worked, and my sister is obsessed with it. This whole thought about fasting for a few good hours and then eating and then fasting again, has anyone here tried it? is it worth even considering?
Any thoughts on the matter?

Thanks.

-Red

Replies

• samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    IF is usually fasting two non-consecutive days a week, men having 600 cal and women 500 cal.

There are of course variations, but this is the most common Im aware of. It should (assuming you eat at maintenance the other 5 days) create a sufficient defecit for reasonable weight loss.

Its not something that I have done, but I have friends who swear by it and had good results. The trick is planning meals around that 500/600 cal limit so you can keep satisfied all day.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Some people fast for 18 hours and eat in a window of 6 hours. (18:6).
  • IronPhyllida
    IronPhyllida Posts: 533 Member
    I'm doing the 'No Diet Weekends' diet. 24hr fast on Mondays and Fridays (ie don't eat after the meal the day before), then 16hr fasts on Tues, Weds and Thurs. Sat and Sun also have 16hr fasts but you can eat more treats than during the 16hr fasts during the week. So far I'm enjoying it, as it doesn't say DON'T DO THIS / DON'T DO THAT. Which doesn't work for me. I like a light at the end of the tunnel :smiley: