I need motivation today!

Options
I HAVE to work out today to stay on schedule... Usually I'm excited and motivated so it's no problem. Today I just feel SOOO blah... I have a ton of cleaning to do, it's so unbelievably hot I just feel like going back to sleep. I have to skip my usual bike ride since its going to be about 100 degrees out there, so i really WANT/NEED to run on my treadmill for AT THE VERY LEAST 30 mins.

How do you find motivation when you are just feeling really down?

Replies

• BeachLife76
    BeachLife76 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You have to work through the BLAH feeling. Once you get started, you can keep going and will feel better! I'm having one of those days today too! The work won't do itself lol, you have to just get up and move! Keep going girl and don't give up!!!
  • Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    You gotta focus on your goals because you'll always have 'other things to do'. I go through the same thing a lot in my training - I'll be tired and just want to go home. I talk about some of it here - hopefully its helpful
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/rebeccabarter/view/a-little-ol-thing-called-motivation-107357
  • officiallymrswhite
    officiallymrswhite Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Well....one of my biggest inspirations is to be able to wear a bikini. I bought a bikini and it is hanging on the door of my closet...just waiting for me to put it on!!...but not yet, my body isn't where I want it to be yet...but I will get there and in order to get there, I need to push myself...even when I don't want to. Also, looking at the before and after pics on the success stories message board. They are unbelievable!! They always motivate me. Good luck! You can do it!!! :smile:
  • mistid77
    mistid77 Posts: 1
    Options
    The worst thing we can do is "think" about the activities we want or need to do. When it comes to routine, be like Nike and just do it....thinking about it too long allows us to reason our way out of it. :-) You've got this :-)
  • onetimegig
    Options
    Is your TV near your treadmill? On treadmill days (not my favorite) I motivate myself with a good show or movie. I also bought the wireless headphones which work great to take my mind off of the exercise because it blocks out the sound of the treadmill. Also, on hot days, a special drink like ice water with lemon or some crystal light. You can do it!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    GunnyErmey1.jpg
  • mmmrisssa
    mmmrisssa Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank You Everyone!!!

I am going to get up right now and just go do it. No more excuses, no more slacking. At least I'll feel better about myself when my head hits the pillow tonight and I pass out :p

Thanks again <3 I love this site!
  • wildeone4
    wildeone4 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! Sometimes you just need that motivation! Keep thinking about your goal! It may be just to be healthy, but exercising helps you keep that goal! Sometimes motivational quotes posted in your room and in the bathroom help! Don't hesitate to message me if you need it! I know you can do it :)
  • miss_dreamer
    miss_dreamer Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Good to hear ^^ you can do it, i was so dreading going to the gym today, as i have so much studying to do for my exams. Ended up staying in there an hour and a half, and i felt great afterwards!