New to MFP

Options
BabyRaven
BabyRaven Posts: 10 Member
Hi there, I joined last week, right before the holiday weekend and didn't have access to a computer to track my foods and fitness. I can see now and know from experience the importance of keeping track of what I am eating and how much I am moving around!
After 4 days on my boat, just eating and enjoying without being smart with my food - I have paid for it by ADDING 2 pounds since Thursday! It's OK though - I know I can get those 2 pounds off pretty quickly. It's the remaining 30 lbs or so that I have been fighting with for the last 3 years. I'm looking forward to meeting others on here to keep each other motivated and serious about being healthy.
Happy June, everyone!!!

Replies

• sovokit
    sovokit Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi BabyRaven,

I have been here since mi-April and am amazed how eating healthy in the correct amounts and with a little activity beyond breathing, how the pounds just go away! I'm down 16 lbs!
    Welcome to the site. It works!

Andreas
    aka: Sovokit
  • cpumeu
    cpumeu Posts: 89
    Options
    Welcome! The start is always the hardest so don't beat yourself up. My first 30 or so days were crazy and I didn't even post my foods, especially when I was messing up but I soon realized good days or bad days I need to log in and post my foods. You are right those lbs will come off. Log daily, don't give up on yourself and know that you aren't alone in this journey. Friend me if you want a friend who WILL motivate you and be there for you!
  • cpumeu
    Options
    Welcome! The start is always the hardest so don't beat yourself up. My first 30 or so days were crazy and I didn't even post my foods, especially when I was messing up but I soon realized good days or bad days I need to log in and post my foods. You are right those lbs will come off. Log daily, don't give up on yourself and know that you aren't alone in this journey. Friend me if you want a friend who WILL motivate you and be there for you!
  • cpumeu
    Options
  • bwalters82
    bwalters82 Posts: 95
    Options
    Hi there! It's great to see that you are wanting to live a healthy life! That's what this is all about. Those two holiday pounds will come off quickly with proper planning. What weight management strategies have you used in the past? What's worked and what hasn't?
  • SAR1L
    SAR1L Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey Raven,

Welcome to the site, I am no guru, but.. I can tell you one thing it is really nice to know what is healthy for you rather than guess, same with workouts :). I wish you the best in achieving your goals.

Ah and one more thing I love about this site, sometimes I think I eat something terrible... and in the grand scheme of things when I look at my points I often find out I didn't do so bad :)
  • BabyRaven
    Options
    Wow! 16 pounds ~ that's Awesome! Thank you - I'm looking forward to feeling great and looking good!
  • BabyRaven
    Options
    Hey Cpumeu,
    Thank you for the encouragement! We can all use a little of that! I've learned not to beat my self up - I've been way up
    and way down in weight over the years and the one thing I know for sure is that now matter what I weigh, I am still the
    same person inside who may be just carrying around a few extra layers of baked potatoes and tubs of butter! (That's how
    I visualize a one pound loss. It may not seem like much, but hey - it's a whole tub of butter! Or 10 pounds is a bag of
    potatoes!).
    Thanks again!
  • BabyRaven
    Options
    Hey Bwalters82,
    The thing that has worked best for me so far is a weight watchers program from about 4 years ago. Just being smart while having the ability to eat anything I wanted to, but keeping track of it getting the encouragement of the folks around me that were going through the same thing.
    That's what is great about this forum.
    Thank you!
  • bwalters82
    bwalters82 Posts: 95
    Options
    Okay great! So, using some of the principals from that program you are able to realize that portion control works well for you. This way you can still have a cupcake from time to time, but you balance your meals to achieve your goals. Support is definitely a good thing, and it's great to hear that you are willing to ask questions and seek help when things are harder. What has been your biggest struggle with losing weight?