Baby pooches?

Options
anyone have any before/after of mommy pooch success stories?
I gained 45 lbs during my pregnancy and lost 40 within 6 months, I was tiny! Now my son is 2 1/2 and since becoming a single mom last year I've gained almost 20 lbs. I find my belly and below look gross now and I'm scared when I lose more weight it's going to get really saggy :(

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I'm still a work in progress and I'm not even sure if my stomach will get any better without surgery at this point. I've had 2 c-sections and after my first I was obese (BMI 44). I don't have any good full body pictures of me at my heaviest (I avoided cameras like they were going to steal my soul), so I'll start with my first progress picture I took.

March 2013 - This picture is a couple weeks after I started using MFP.
    nblesarjjhw5.jpg

May 29, 2014 - I had my second c-section.

This morning:
    ygmq2oct213t.jpg

My stomach is far from perfect, but it's been through a lot in the past several years (2 pregnancies + Obesity). Will it get any better? I don't know. I've already decided that I might get surgery if I'm not happy with it after maintaining for a few years.

• victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I've had 4 babies and I always gained a lot when pregnant, so I know my tummy will never go back to normal. The more weight I lose, the saggier my tummy looks. But it's all right, I'd rather have the saggy skin than the fat! I've lost 55 pounds, 8 inches around my tummy and 5.5 around my waist.
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I only have the one child, but my stomach looks similar to @shadow2soul's (only I am much heavier and rounder, lol). I think that little weird pouch thing from pregnancy is just a fact of life for a lot of us. It can be hard to contend with from a body image standpoint, but in the scheme of things, it's not that big of a deal.
  • Fitfreshfablife
    Fitfreshfablife Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Mine is the same, although not done my weight loss, I've noticed that my lower belly sags more after my 50 lbs drop.

@shadow2soul thank you for sharing your pics with us. You look fantastic!
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options

gramarye wrote: »
    I think that little weird pouch thing from pregnancy is just a fact of life for a lot of us. It can be hard to contend with from a body image standpoint, but in the scheme of things, it's not that big of a deal.
    This exactly <3

• rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I gained 45 lbs during my pregnancy and lost 40 within 6 months, I was tiny! Now my son is 2 1/2 and since becoming a single mom last year I've gained almost 20 lbs. I find my belly and below look gross now and I'm scared when I lose more weight it's going to get really saggy :(

When you lost the 40 lbs and was "tiny" did you have the pooch?
    Some of it is hereditary, some age, some how overweight you were (overweight, obese).
  • heidee86
    heidee86 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Even when I lost 65lbs after baby #2 I had a lot of saggy skin and when I'd lay on my side the pooch would just kind of flop over! It was kind of gross. Now after baby #3 I'm wishing my body looked even that good again! I'm on day 2 of yet ANOTHER diet!
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    rushfive wrote: »

When you lost the 40 lbs and was "tiny" did you have the pooch?
    Some of it is hereditary, some age, some how overweight you were (overweight, obese).

I didn't, but my skin feels a lot more stretched out from general weight gain now then it did post pregnancy.
    I've never been overweight before until now, everyone else in my family is obese.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!