Oh my gosh I lost my 18 month old!!!

Options
tishaloses
tishaloses Posts: 234 Member
I'm trying not to cry!!! I didn't literally lose my 18 month old!!! But I was sitting here reading some posts and just had a thought as I lifted my son. Since I started my weight loss journey in Dec 2010 I have lost 22 pds. My son weighs 23 pds. I have lost my son in weight!!! Do you know how heavy he feels at times?? And I was carrying that around. I can't believe it!!! I lost a toddler!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully in another month I can say I lost my 3 yr old(he weighs 32 pds).

Replies

• 36jessica
    36jessica Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Well done and congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • cmiles23
    cmiles23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    hahaha!!! thats awesome keep up the good work!
  • louell33
    louell33 Posts: 85
    Options
    wow, what a revelation - I too have lost my 2 yr old, I never thought of it like that!
  • tjames719
    tjames719 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Woot...woot!!! good job
  • zumbasalsera
    Options
    very cute, great motivating way to look at it, but really I just wanted to comment about your signature line. I LOVE your "Ready to be a MILF. Mission MILF" line, hahahahah, LOOOOOVE it!!! I'm ready to join team MILF too :)
  • cnewbie
    cnewbie Posts: 12
    Options
    Awesome!! Congratulations!! I started 2 weeks ago, and I'm really starting to get into the program! It's great to see the inspiration from others!!
    :happy:
  • notapromqueen
    notapromqueen Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    That is such a great accomplishment! Isn't it amazing?! It's also great to have something to compare your weight loss too! What an amazing job!!!

My best friend had weight loss surgery and when she reached 120 lbs weight loss, I was like "Holy Cow! You lost a Justin Beiber!!!!" It sounds silly, but in reality she has really "lost" a whole person! A whole 17 year old boy! That's just crazy to me!
  • drl041799
    drl041799 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It amazes me when I'm playing with the kids and I pick pick both of them up and I'm thinking I need to put them down quick- they are so heavy and then I realize that the extra weight I'm carrying is close to the combined weight of both kids. No wonder I'm so tired!

5566413.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    thats fantastic!
    I have lost 23 pounds also. Guess I lost your son too!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    that's awesome! my 1 year old weighs about that, so i can't wait to get to that point. to lose my 3.5 year old will take a while, he's 38 lbs! :) can't wait for that either though!
  • TruckinThePoundsOff
    Options
    The first thought I had when I read this title thread was, WHY in the heck would you post that, who in their right mind would share that with anyone they did not know......than I read your post of course out of curiosity. GREAT JOB and keep up the good work. I am proud of you. Keep it up.
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    That is just Awesome!!! I am right there with you, I have been on my weight loss journey since November 2010 and I have loss my 7, 3 and 6 month old.. their weights are 49, 38 and 19lbs so I am 2lbs over then all 3 of them combined.. And it feels awesome!!! Thanks for sharing, Great job and keep it the great work:wink:

~Rachel~
  • Mrkroehl8488
    Options
    That is awesome! Way to go! The title freaked me out a little, but I love the analogy! :) Keep up the hard work
  • Lovemydounts
    Lovemydounts Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    thats so funny keep up the good work.
  • simplysarahd
    Options
    Yay!!! CONGRATS!!

I hope to lose my oldest and my youngest in weight. My oldest is 7 and he weighs 60 lbs., my baby weighs 9 lbs. but in 9 months she'll probably weigh between 16-19 lbs.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Phew, you gave me a scare..... I thought you literally lost your 18mo old. I frequent a baby forum and I was so scared to read your post lol!
    I am very happy for you, congrats!
  • jozzierdgz
    jozzierdgz Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've almost lost my 3 yr old in weight... She weighs 33.5 lbs and I've lost 31 lbs.... :( It's amazing how we can carry that weight around and not feel it
  • Pinkdueces2
    Pinkdueces2 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    This is so funny to me because I've lost 11lbs and I always tell my 16 month old when I'm carrying him long distances that I shouldn't complain considering I'm carrying around 11 lbs less than a month ago! I can't wait until I lose the weight of my son! Well he weighs 28 lbs so I have a ways to go but I'll get there in no time!! Congrats on your nsv!!!
  • ckncj
    ckncj Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU!!!!! Keep up the hard work & dedication.
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    A:flowerforyou: M:flowerforyou: A:flowerforyou: Z:flowerforyou: I:flowerforyou: N:flowerforyou: G:flowerforyou:

Great achievement....you should be feeling incredibly proud :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!