my first, but minor, accomplishment.... (NSV?)

Options
first off... what is NSV???

and second, I've hit my first breakthrough! it's minor, but something.... i've actually stuck to a healthy plan for more than 2 weeks (i just finished week 3 yesterday) and have broken my "only loose 5 pounds" plateau! I always stick to something for 2 weeks or so, then loose motivation and stop, and i've never been able to loose more than 5 pounds any time i try to get healthy... i'm only at 7.2 pounds lost right now, but i'll take it!!

Replies

• indyam
    indyam Posts: 18
    Options
    Non-scale Victory - I think. :)

I'm so proud of you! I'm about in the same boat... maybe a week longer than you.

You're doing a great job. Keep it up!
  • mawhite717
    mawhite717 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    non scale victory
  • kmlt08
    kmlt08 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    first off... what is NSV???

and second, I've hit my first breakthrough! it's minor, but something.... i've actually stuck to a healthy plan for more than 2 weeks (i just finished week 3 yesterday) and have broken my "only loose 5 pounds" plateau! I always stick to something for 2 weeks or so, then loose motivation and stop, and i've never been able to loose more than 5 pounds any time i try to get healthy... i'm only at 7.2 pounds lost right now, but i'll take it!!

NSV= Non Scale Victory. (ex-compliment, clothing not fitting etc)
    Awesome Keep up the great work!!
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    that's awesome!!! great job! keep it up!
  • 36jessica
    36jessica Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    There is no 'only 7.2 pounds'. If you don't believe me, try piling 7.2 pounds of pasta (or whatever) on your kitchen table and look at it. Those 7.2 pounds were on you and now they're on the table. That is a great accomplishment, so congrats!:smile::smile:
  • cpumeu
    cpumeu Posts: 89
    Options
    SHAME ON YOU!!! Meeting this goal is very SIGNIFICANT!!! You go girl! We must learn to look at our victories differently! When I say Shame on you, I don't mean it in a ugly way...just wanted to point out how very important each of our goals are. I think we look at it as insignificant becuz we have so much work still ahead of us. I get it I use to do the same thing. I am so happy for you and although I don't KNOW you...proud of you for sticking to it...and getting over that hump! You go girl.

I hopeyou will friend me! I will NEVER allow you to beat yourself down or allow those bumps in the road from taking you in a path that is not in your best interest!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!