easy breakfast ideas?

I am over any kind of eggs boiled, mini egg's in the muffin tins, or scrambled

I have been eating fiber one granola bars but I am starting to get over them too

What is a good quick cheap filling breakfast?

Replies

• JoelHumphries
    JoelHumphries Posts: 3 Member
    Whole Grain Wheat Toast w / Peanut Butter
    Banana
    Oats
    I know you said you were done with eggs, but try going for an omelet and throwing in you're favorite types of ingredients in there
  • nadi0rnice
    nadi0rnice Posts: 10 Member
    People think breakfast cereal is terrible but if you get one with lower sugar, they have lots of vitamins and good stuff in them. So that's top of my list:
    -cereal
    -Luna bars and maybe some fruit on the side
    -whole wheat toast with lox
    -omelette with onions, peppers and low fat cheese
  • jami53033
    jami53033 Posts: 10 Member
    I love plain greek yogurt with berries in it.
  • cfranklin10
    cfranklin10 Posts: 28 Member
    thanks everyone!
  • kiki_anitoni
    kiki_anitoni Posts: 40 Member
    I've been making "pancakes" the last few days. 2 eggs + 1 banana; mash up banana and stir in eggs until it is a runny consistency and cook them as you would pancakes. I add some strawberries on top to take away from the sort of "eggy" taste it has every few bites. But they are good from a dieters point of few
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited August 2015
    The fastest breakfast and my favorite are crust less quiche or "frittatas." For under 150 calories I can eat a portion of bacon/cabbage frittata, BLT frittata, or even Greek style with feta frittata. It takes 10 minutes to put one together, another 20 minutes to cook, but you can have microwaveable healthy breakfasts all week!
  • beautifulciera
    beautifulciera Posts: 202 Member
    I am over any kind of eggs boiled, mini egg's in the muffin tins, or scrambled

I have been eating fiber one granola bars but I am starting to get over them too

What is a good quick cheap filling breakfast?

• beautifulciera
    beautifulciera Posts: 202 Member
    Thanks for your post ;) ..healthy breakfast is important for the proper energy fuel. When I was eating healthy I would always do a veggie omelet or Greek yogurt with boiled egg.

I'm just like you though still learning. Thanks all for the good responses.
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    When has breakfast ever been difficult. That said, if you are not willing even to cook yourself some oats, you may have some troubles. This morning i had oats, with prunes, lite soy milk, ground flaxseeds and then 1/4 cup peanuts. I think this is a pretty good all round breakfast for a vegan. Includes protein, fibre, calcium, low fat (which i normally don't bother with if its dairy) and plenty of nutrients.

Another breaky is lite soy banana smoothie sometimes with 1/2 cup of silken tofu which just thickens it up a bit and adds protein. (1 banana and 1 cup lite soy. I follow this wiht a piece of wholegrain toast and a smashed or fried egg on it. It wouldn't be enough for me just to have the smoothie. I need more, otherwise i get hungry.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Small turkey burger cooked the night before. Heated up in the a.m. with some brie cheese on top. Served with sliced cucumbers.
  • Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    -Luna bars and maybe some fruit on the side

Try Quest bars as a substitute for Luna bars. A Quest bar has double the protein (or more), five times more fiber (or more) and most only have 1g of sugar and Luna's have 13g, some a bit more and some a bit less.

If you are short on your protein macro a Quest bar can really push you over without over doing the calories. Each bar is around 30 calories less than Luna too.

• abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Right now, I've been eating plain greek yogurt with peanut butter or cottage cheese with granola. It's a quick and filling breakfast (for me) when paired with a piece of fruit and lots of coffee. I also really like frozen Atkins sandwiches or Quest bars for days when my blood sugar is high (resulting in me needing to eat LCHF for breakfast) and need to get out the door quickly.
  • nephilim_dreams
    nephilim_dreams Posts: 125 Member
    I've been making "pancakes" the last few days. 2 eggs + 1 banana; mash up banana and stir in eggs until it is a runny consistency and cook them as you would pancakes. I add some strawberries on top to take away from the sort of "eggy" taste it has every few bites. But they are good from a dieters point of few

I tried these pancakes and couldn't stomach them- it was just like banana scrambled eggs to me! So I make pancakes with Greek yoghurt, an egg, a little flour and baking powder. Takes a bit of work so it's more a weekend breakfast but oh man does it taste good AND you get a good whack of protein.

Personally, I am obsessed with Weetabix, almond milk and fruit but I dunno if you get Weetabix in the States... I also like avocado on toast (sometimes with an egg on top, sometimes tomatoes, sometimes by itself).
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I love English muffins toasted with some ricotta (I use part skim) and honey. Don't know about cheap though.. I'd say oatmeal but it doesn't fill me up unless I add 300 calories worth of toppings or something.