Looking for vegan/vegetarian friends

Options
looking for vegan or vegetarian friends please add me or comment. Thank you!

Replies

• Allyboomommyof3
    Allyboomommyof3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
  • beebeefox
    beebeefox Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm new here. How do I add you?
  • choff99
    choff99 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian who wants to go vegan!
  • sarahhembra
    sarahhembra Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a vegetarian who hates salad ! Not for the want of trying . I'm in the UK what about you guys?
  • kaoldham
    kaoldham Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian and in the UK. The official move to vegetarian is fairly recent (last ate fish in February) but now it's just working out what I should be eating so I don't miss out on the good stuff.
  • mommyvudu
    mommyvudu Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I usually eat vegan, sometimes vegetarian, and rarely pescatarian but I don't really label myself since I'm obviously not hardcore about anything except for avoiding mammals in my diet.
  • angeliebeh
    angeliebeh Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm would like to be vegetarian anyone have any ideas on recipes or tips? Feel free to add me. I've been trying to do this for years now but I've never engaged with any friends on this platform. Hopefully we can encourage one another?
  • sarahhembra
    sarahhembra Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I gradually went off meat. Ended up only interested in chicken and then no meat at all. I must admit quorn helps replace the chicken. But my diet didn't contain much meat when I really looked at it. Focus on texture and flavour .Make food interesting and forget about the focus of 'replacing meat ' xx
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    mommydie i only use the labels for ease of communication. I know it gets a bit fraught if you run up against a strict one though.

Op i'm recently gone almost vegan(i eat eggs from neighbour who has happy chickens) and was vegetarian and then pescetarian for ages. I've never been strict but basically i do tend to follow the general approach most of the time. I do it for ethical reasons but i'm not going to punish myself for the odd excursion. Probably the best thing you can do for animals is to give money to the animal rights organisations or to join in the activism, but i feel less guilt for not eating animals or their products as much as possible. Anyone can add me. I put my food diary in a blog on here since i don't count calories and i eat pretty darned healthy, though struggle with getting the right nutrients. Never had issues when a vegetarian though.
  • kaoldham
    kaoldham Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    @angeliebeh as sarahhembra says, quorn can help replace meat (certainly in the beginning). Once you start to get used to the idea of having no meat, you then need to educate yourself on other proteins (and nutrients you'll miss out on without meat/animal products). That's the point I'm at. I rarely have quorn now. I normally have coconut or almond milk instead of cow's milk unless I'm out.

Work out what foods you really enjoy and work around that. At the moment, I'm mostly a veggie curry, soup/broth, veggie burrito/wrap kind of girl. Roasted veg and couscous/rice is great. I also throw in lentils/pulses/chia into whatever I can for the protein.

eg/
    http://greatist.com/health/complete-vegetarian-proteins