Stationary bike

Options
AS being a stay at home mom with 2 children with autism I bought a stationary bike to get in cardio exercise. When I have found a resistance to be getting "easy" i have increased it. So my question is this :

Is there a benefit to increasing my resistance level on the stationary bike, or is it just as good to increase the time I spend on it?

When I first started on the bike I could do 5 minutes at resistance 1 and I was in pain the rest of the day. Now I am up to resistance level 6 and did 75 minutes today. I am considering raising it to 7. But the reason I am asking this is because 8 resistance is the max resistance on my bike so I am curious as what to do.

This is the only way that I can exercise 95% of the time.

Replies

• mcginleywill
    mcginleywill Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too do most of my exercise on a stationary bike. To mix things up I do intervals. Ride at your usual long term pace for ten minutes to warm up. Then do 20 seconds as hard as you can go. Follow that with 60 to 90 seconds at your regular pace. Repeat the cycle for 10 or so rotations. You'll get similar cardiac results in shorter time and it makes a nice change of pace. I still enjoy a long ride as well.