Hi, new here

Options
scs143
scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
Hi, I just started a couple of weeks ago and I have never posted. I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Sara and I have about 100 lbs to lose. I had twins a year ago and one with special needs and I am an emotional eater. Needless to say, I am heavier than I have ever been. I have lost the weight before and I know I can do it again. I am happy to have found a site like this. So far it seems easy to use!

Thanks
Sara

Replies

• jvujevich78
    Options
    You will do great! I've been on here for about 60 days and I've lost 13 lbs. I had lost approx 6 before I started, but this makes it easy. Good luck!
  • tishaloses
    tishaloses Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I've been here about a month and its been great. Lots of supportive people!!! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Psialpha297
    Psialpha297 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good Luck =]
  • cpumeu
    cpumeu Posts: 89
    Options
    Hello Sara!!! Welcome! You will love this site. I've lost 8 lbs and it has been quite a journey...been on this site since february but it wasn't until the last month that I figured it out...It was then when something clicked inside me so if I can share anything I would share these points: (1) log in daily ( even if you have a bad day and have eaten the wrong things or too much) it helps you where you are messing up! (2) eat as many of your calories as you can....it is important to eat not only your assigned calories but also the ones that you've burned working out! (3) don't be afraid to ask questions, you have a huge and wonderful resource here.

If you want friend me...here for you to talk, to motivate to encourage
  • MelanieHodgkiss1962
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I've been on here since Jan this year and have lost 35lbs so far. Once you get into it, its a really easy site to use. Good Luck!!
  • scs143
    Options
    Thank you all!
  • matchpek
    matchpek Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Sara - I've only been on here for a couple of weeks. I just want you to know that I completely understand what you are going through. I am a single mom of two beautiful girls - one that has cerebral palsey. I'm an emotional eater also. It can be difficult when raising a special child - but hang in there. Your world will open up to more things than you ever knew existed. My daughter is now 13 and she is involved in Special Olympics. It has been the best thing that has ever happened to me or my daughter. Just know that you aren't alone and you can do this. Add me as a friend if you want.....
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    Hi Sara, like you....I'm also introduced to this site. I find it encouraging and easy to use. It helps me track down what I eat on a daily basis. I, too am an emotional eater. I can find all kinds of excuses in the world to eat. I don't know any other way to comfort myself other than food...until I reached my point and look in the mirror. I didn't like what I see so I'm doing something about it for the first time in a long time. Feel free to add me. I can also use a 'fitness pal' :)
  • mom111997
    mom111997 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm an emotional eater and I DON'T have a special needs child! But - we're all the same in that we all need support, ideas, and a shoulder to lean on. So - welcome, good luck, and enjoy! We're all in this together!!! I just joined this site last week and have been telling everyone I know about it!
  • scs143
    Options
    Thank you so much!