Walking question

Options
I'm relatively new to this whole exercise thing! I started walking recently in preparation for a 5K that is coming up soon. I was wondering if anyone else has gotten these callus/hard spots on the sides of their feet after walking. The area remains hard and sore for a few days. I was wondering if there is anything anyone can recommend to help lesson this and how to treat it. My shoes are new and I got fitted for them at a running store. THey are super comfortable so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Thanks!

Replies

• smrtcar
    smrtcar Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I suggest talking to the experts at the store or even a podiatrist.
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    i only go waking 1ce per week and my feet r ok but i keep them filed and moisturised, i recently had a fish pedicure which was fab, dont know if it will help completely but it is worth a try.x
  • vetsnatural
    vetsnatural Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I agree with smrtcar. I walk at least 6 miles a day and I wear my sketcher shape ups or nike running shoes and have no problems.
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    i only go waking 1ce per week and my feet r ok but i keep them filed and moisturised, i recently had a fish pedicure which was fab, dont know if it will help completely but it is worth a try.x

Is that where the little fish nibble on your feet? I could not take that!!
  • anythingworthdoing
    Options
    Would definitely bring them back to the store to make sure they aren't rubbing. in a place where you didn't notice. You may also want to look at your socks.. sometimes they can bunch up in the wrong places or they don't provide enough moisture wicking or breathability in certain areas. I've started using smart wool socks for longer walks/runs because they keep me from getting blisters. They are a little on the expensive side though.

Hope that helps, happy walking!
  • AMcMaster
    AMcMaster Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    wow i wanted to try those shoes..... buti thought it might not work so well. thanks for the good info!!
  • soonskinny01
    Options
    I too get the hard spots, on my big toes I just bought "blister relief" pads from Walgreens and bought some insoles for my shoes. The gel kind for active feet. I have 3 more miles to walk today so I will let you know how they work for me.