5 Months and the Journey Continues...

Options
AllyS7
AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
Today is my 5 month anniversary using MFP. I know I love seeing peoples transformations and I'm proud that I can join the ranks of those who have changed their lives. MFP has introduced me into a new love, fitness and a new hobby running.

Not only have I went from not being able to run a mile to completing a half marathon, but my proudest moment is a facebook post my sister-in-law posted this weekend. "Woohoo! 10 pounds lost and I received 5 compliments yesterday about how great I looked. Now if I can get into exercising, I might become a super star runner like Ally ******! :)"

I never imagined that what I was doing would inspire others in my family. So the next time you think about quitting, don't only think about letting yourself down, but think about someone who is looking to you for guidance. Maybe that will motivate you to keep going.

Here are some my photos.

Photo5-2-1.jpg

Replies

• GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I love how the smile grows from left to right! you are awesome!
  • LyssaMarie13
    Options
    Wow what an inspiration! You started out at what I'm starting at. You look awesome! My goal is 125 because that is the smallest I've ever been when I was working out like crazy in high school and really happy with myself. I could never dream of being 120... Did you ever think you'd get there? How tall are you?
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress!! Your hard work really paid off, keep it up!
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    just curious but did you do a particular program...and did you do anything besides running...you look awesome btw...and congratulations...that's the same kind of transformation that i'm looking for....
  • dolphin21
    dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Nice work!!!! your looking great!!! How do u load up the pics?
  • AllyS7
    Options

I didn't notice that! Too Funny! :)
    I could never dream of being 120... Did you ever think you'd get there? How tall are you?

I'm 5'2" ish. I never thought 120 was possible, my original goal was 125 and lowest I had ever seen on the scale was 129.9lbs. You totally got this!
    just curious but did you do a particular program...and did you do anything besides running...you look awesome btw...and congratulations...that's the same kind of transformation that i'm looking for....

Running and ExersiceTV, pushups and lunges. Everything that was 'free' and that I could do at home!
    Nice work!!!! your looking great!!! How do u load up the pics?

put [ img] before the picture link and [ /img] after the link. No spaces though!
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Is running your only form of fitness? Are you running 5 days/week?

Let us in on your success... cause you are smokin'!
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    YAY Ally! You look hot and are such an inspiration! Glad to have you as a friend :) I am working my way trough the C25K (on week 5) and plan on running a 5k in August. Glad to see that we both started in the same place of not being able to, or enjoy, running a mile to begin with. Hopefully I can be crazy enough to enjoy running too!! haha:smile:
  • dawnyl25
    dawnyl25 Posts: 16
    Options
    you are fantastic Ally!!! nice work!
  • AllyS7
    Options
    YAY Ally! You look hot and are such an inspiration! Glad to have you as a friend :) I am working my way trough the C25K (on week 5) and plan on running a 5k in August. Glad to see that we both started in the same place of not being able to, or enjoy, running a mile to begin with. Hopefully I can be crazy enough to enjoy running too!! haha:smile:
    Thank you! I started with a 5k too and as soon as I finished it was an amazing feeling. You'll love the adrenaline rush and the feeling of accomplishing something not everyone can do! You will rock it!
    Is running your only form of fitness? Are you running 5 days/week?

Let us in on your success... cause you are smokin'!
    Awe thank you! I probably run 3 times a week at least for 30 min, and when I say 'run' it's really a jog. I walk if I can't jog. The other days I try to do something. I love, love, love ExerciseTV. My cable company (Direct TV) has many routines 'on demand'. I do those on the days I don't feel like running.
    you are fantastic Ally!!! nice work!
    Thanks girl, you are pretty FAN-TAS-TIC too!
  • loulou_88
    loulou_88 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you--- enjoy your success, you deserve it!!!
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    You look great and I can see the confidence that has progressed in the past 5 months pics. You earned it!
  • JaimeLaRae
    JaimeLaRae Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    You look great! Awesome inspiratio, I'm 5'2" also.
  • countrygirl_717
    Options
    You're looking fantastic!! Such an inspiration! Keep it up and I'm so proud of you!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    What an awesome job!! :drinker:
  • danibee41989
    danibee41989 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!!!!!! great work and transformation!!!
  • danibee41989
    danibee41989 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!!!!!! great work and transformation!!!
  • ShawnaMama
    ShawnaMama Posts: 105 Member
    Options

That's the second thing I noticed, too! First, of course, being your amazing abs!!!! You are such an inspiration!!! Thank you for sharing :)
  • ktbug1186
    ktbug1186 Posts: 266
    Options
    you look smokin hot girl! great job!!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!