Frussssssssstrated!

Options
Hi, I'm totally new here! I could really use some in put. I have a trip to Cedar Point (big amusement park) at the end of next month, realisitically I would like to drop at least one full jeans size, so for the last week I've been walking a minimum of a brisk mile, maxing out at 4 miles, trying to cut back on calories etc, I don't understand it, I'm not eating Mcdonalds or fast food and :noway: I'm only GAINING weight and my blood pressures going up, and I'm exhausted..I'm a nurse and trying to set an example and its killing me that this hard work is only having the opposite effect. Any suggestions or tips would really be appreciated.

Replies

• wildeone4
    wildeone4 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    We are here for you! :) What type of exercising are you doing? How is your nutrition and portions? It is important to mix up exercising! Don't let your body get use to the same thing! You also need to keep pushing harder. So after feeling like you've been successful walking at a brisk pace, then start to add a jog in every free minutes.

My hubby is going through to be a nurse :) Well in the end he'll be going to get his masters, but right now he's going through to be a nurse! It is awesome that you want to set that example for your patients! That is one of his goals as well :)

Message me if you want to talk!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Let me understand - you have been doing this for only a week? It might take a little longer for you to see results. Be patient and keep at it.

Are you logging your food and consuming the correct number of calories for your goal?
  • butterfly1210
    butterfly1210 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You're on the right track... maybe it's the type of food you're eating. Stay away from processed food/high sodium food. Eat protein, healthy grains, veggies and berries. And really stick to your calorie range. If you do that and walk 4 miles a day you should lose up to 2lbs a week! Good luck!
  • onefasternurse
    onefasternurse Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I understand your frustration. I have hit a lull in my weight loss recently as well. Just keep at it. Keep logging your calories accurately. Increase your exercising and it will boost your energy. You can do it!!