Help! I hate water!

Options
Ok...I HATE water. I cannot make myself drink it even though I know that it is necessary to reach my goal. Can someone please tell me how to make this easier?? Is there something I can add to it or some flavored water that will make me want to drink it? Thanks!!

Replies

• Tanadog
    Tanadog Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That new Mio stuff is really tasty, just squirt it in the water! I like the ice tea flavor.
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    try putting a pitcher in your fridge to keep it cold,and put fresh fruit (strawberries,lime slices etc) to naturally flavour it.
    Another way to get some water in is get a bottle with a sippy straw. Sounds silly,but when its less effort to get it in you tend to drink more.
  • wildeone4
    wildeone4 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You can also start slowly drinking more. Have at least a glass a day to start (and then drink it with a flavor or drink a natural juice). I would slowly work into it because your body will start to crave it once you start giving it the water!
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    Have you tried adding fresh fruits, like lemon or lime to the water and drinking it ice cold? I also freeze pureed watermelon and drop a ice cube in with regular ice for a fruity change.
  • Robadobasaurus
    Options
    use any cordial like robinsons to flavor it, or you can substitute water for green tea or ice tea - anything without milk in it will be pretty similar.

water is by fat the best but you wont be adding much calories by the above methods suggested.
  • momma_roo
    momma_roo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Crystal Light? It's not water, but it's close. We buy the packets and put it into our water
  • azizaj318
    azizaj318 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    try squeezing a wedge of lemon and a wedge of lime into really cold water.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    YES! I just bout Mio Strawberry Watermelon and Y U M!!!
    I also like True Lemon and True Lime :)
  • usillygoose
    Options
    Even just squeezing juice from a lemon wedge into it will make it taste great.
  • aliecat78
    aliecat78 Posts: 1
    Options
    crystal light makes these little packets i think they were called "pure" and they dont have that terrible "fake sugar aftertaste" in fact, i dont think they use any fake sugar .. hence no aftertaste.
    Good luck.
  • laineylou26
    laineylou26 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I use the crystal light packets for my water bottle...I really like the pink lemonade and the peach green tea...they have a ton of flavors! Also looking to try that new Mio stuff!
  • beccalucy
    beccalucy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Try cutting fruit juice with it or adding a dash of lemon/lime juice. I find I drink more when its in a pull-top bottle rather than a glass, maybe try that.

Alternatively alternate it with other drinks ie squash, fizzy drinks, tea, coffee
  • azizaj318
    azizaj318 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    cucumber, lime and orange are also delish!
  • sars_68
    sars_68 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Herbal tea? An acquired taste but I found once I was used to it I enjoyed it.

Or water with lemon in it? The fruit suggestion above is good - might try that myself!!
  • Deedee0075
    Deedee0075 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    SELTZER WATER!!! It has saved my life. You can even mix a bit of cranberry juice or lemonade to give it a splash of flavor. or maybe half a packet of crystal light since the artificial sweeteners are way too strong.
  • keegrsmom
    keegrsmom Posts: 27
    Options
    There are plenty of sugar free additives like Mio, Crystal Light, DaVinci, etc. They make water much more enjoyable, however they aren't as good for you as good old plain water. However, with that being said, if flavored waters keep you away from sodas (even diet) then it's a step in the right direction. Make yourself do it. You get used to it.
  • FATGIRLFANTASY
    FATGIRLFANTASY Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Buy a Brita! :) They could make toilet water tasty..
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    hate it too
    dont like it flavored either.
    i chug it like medicine to get it down
    it IS getting easier
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    hate it too
    dont like it flavored either.
    i chug it like medicine to get it down
    it IS getting easier