Help, I cant shift my lower belly flab!

Options
Hi! Just looking for any advice.. Ive lost two stone through cardio and weights, i do Bodypump, spinfit and AB excercises 4 times a week and am now down to my current goal weight but still CANT shift any of the lower tummy flab! Im happy with my size and weight.. but still have the jelly belly pouch! Any advice would be appreciated xxxxxx

Replies

• lisajahn3
    lisajahn3 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi! Squats and crunches are best.
  • freak4iron
    freak4iron Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    Doood you can't "shift" weight otherwise all the girls on here would have huge boobs and tight bodies... It doesn't work like that. You gotta do more cardio and/or eat less. That calorie deficit needs to increase.
  • leanlicorice
    leanlicorice Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Are you pear shaped? If so, it might be one of the last areas to slim down.

I have the same problem and trying to incoporate lower ab work e.g. leg raises into my routine.

However, I think the calorie deficit is the most important factor for fat loss.

Try measuring about 2 inches below your navel each week to check your progress. You might be making great progress in that area without being able to see it.
  • Angel_Grove_
    Angel_Grove_ Posts: 205 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Following - I'm only about 8 lbs away from goal, which is right in the middle of the healthy BMI and "ideal" range for my frame size, but nowhere near getting rid of the tummy flab...
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    You can't shift it.... but if you eat well and increase your cardio, that should help. Also when you're doing any exercise, squeeze your core in tight. It's not only good for your form but also good for general core strength and stability.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I think "shift" is a British-ism that equates to the American "lose". Not shift as in "move it around." If you're happy with your size and weight then I'd tell you to keep on with the exercise and be consistent and patient. Strength training could help.
  • karenlopez162
    karenlopez162 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I feel you! I have the same problem. Im 31 years old and im very petite and I don't think I'm fat (I'm 4 feet 11 Inc and weigh 110 pound) however I do have belly fat and it been almost imposible to get rid of it :'(
    Everyone says I have to loose weight in order to loose belly fat, but that the problem! I don't want to be more skinny! I'm finally filling my jeans and I look good on almost everything I use.. but the belly.. I I loose weight I would be too skinny for a woman my age.