Weight loss for syndrome management

Options
Hello. I'm new to using this site and am looking for friends here, hopefully with shared interests. For a typical healthy person, I'm not much overweight (just barely). But I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3, which means I need to be pretty skinny and build a little muscle to do the work my joints are not able to do on their own. This is very difficult since it makes exercise next to impossible when it's flared up as badly as mine is! So, I very much struggle with losing weight, but I am going to try much more.

Other interests: I love LOTR, Game of Thrones (book + TV series), Marvel, etc. Also, I enjoy Korean dramas and have spent a little over 2 years of my life living in Japan for school and work. I enjoy crafts like sewing, knitting and crocheting. Lately, I am interested in cooking more from scratch and using more raw foods because it just makes me feel better with all the inflammation my body is going through.

Replies

• SammiesLifts
    SammiesLifts Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Sam, it will be hard, but worth it!! Add me. :]
  • Sammie2015
    Sammie2015 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the add! I'm glad to find support through wonderful people on here, like you :).
  • Gogohobbs
    Gogohobbs Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi girl!
    I have EDS too. I don't know anyone personally that does..
    I'm suffering from a dislocated pelvis right now!!
    Uugghhh