1 year down, a lifetime of success to go!

Options
dbienz
dbienz Posts: 188 Member
In July of 2014 I saw a picture of myself and started bawling (left side). I rarely cry, and I was absolutely sobbing. I was huge and had never been bigger. I decided to make a change right then and there.

I had tried a few things that were "working" throughout the summer and fall but I wasn't getting the results I needed. In the winter of 2014 my cousin told me about MFP and I've been here ever since. I use other apps for my marathon training but MFP is my lifeline and has been great.

Flash forward to July of 2015 (right side)... I have lost 20+ pounds, numerous inches off my waist, hips, and thighs, ran an entire half marathon, went down one pants size, and gained overall muscle strength. Those two photos were taken exactly one year apart to the day! I am not done yet but this is a lifestyle change and I am excited to celebrate my small successes along the way :smiley::smiley::smiley:

7tnpyct9ccfa.jpg

Replies

• MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, your success is commended!
  • Sammbep
    Sammbep Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing!!!
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    You look hawt!!! Great inspiration keep up the good work!
  • dbienz
    dbienz Posts: 188 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    dbienz wrote: »

Height - 5' 11.5"
    SW - 208
    CW - 184.6 (in the photo)
    GW - 150

Cable triceps extensions:
    SW - 30 lbs (3 sets, 12 reps)
    CW - 80 lbs (3 sets, 12 reps)

Leg press:
    SW - 140 lbs (3 sets, 10 reps)
    CW - 270 lbs (3 sets, 10 reps)

Straight-leg deadlift:
    SW - 45 lbs
    CW - 115 lbs

:blush:
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Outstanding - way to think long term!
  • skinnyD2308
    skinnyD2308 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I just started weight training so I LOVE that you shared the weight lifting progress. Great way to measure progress!
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing.
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • Spice1973
    Spice1973 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congratulations! Love that black dress by the way. :)
  • Mccmack
    Mccmack Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Great job. You look fantastic. With your height and frame I would think you would need to lose a lot of muscle to get below 165.
  • renitamcphrsn14
    renitamcphrsn14 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Wow look you stunning
  • christinedlg50
    christinedlg50 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! Actually looks like you dropped more than 20! Bravo!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    you do look so great…maybe it is the photo..but you look perfectly thin to me. inspriational.
  • officialcrossfitguy
    officialcrossfitguy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    dbienz wrote: »
    In July of 2014 I saw a picture of myself and started bawling (left side). I rarely cry, and I was absolutely sobbing. I was huge and had never been bigger. I decided to make a change right then and there.

I had tried a few things that were "working" throughout the summer and fall but I wasn't getting the results I needed. In the winter of 2014 my cousin told me about MFP and I've been here ever since. I use other apps for my marathon training but MFP is my lifeline and has been great.

Flash forward to July of 2015 (right side)... I have lost 20+ pounds, numerous inches off my waist, hips, and thighs, ran an entire half marathon, went down one pants size, and gained overall muscle strength. Those two photos were taken exactly one year apart to the day! I am not done yet but this is a lifestyle change and I am excited to celebrate my small successes along the way :smiley::smiley::smiley:

7tnpyct9ccfa.jpg
    Wow! Absolutely Gorgeous. Congrats
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!