Bouncing back, after bouncing back!

Options
Hi guys,

I started my MFP story about 3 and a half years ago. I did well, and lost a lot of weight in the first 12 months or so.
I also met a wonderful girl on here, who inspired me, and made the whole journey so much easier. I hit my goals (swimming at the beach without being harpooned, fitting into clothes I could only have dreamed of previously), and then some more, and I was made up with myself.

Sadly, the wheels fell off the wagon, and it's fair to say that we both let our old habits catch us up, and get the better of us and I am now back where I started, and incredibly disappointed with myself.

So I'm back to do this again, I have my old clothes hanging up as a motivator in the wardrobe, and I've dusted off my cereal scales and measuring jugs. I'm as determined as I was when I started, with the benefit of knowing exactly what worked for me last time. However, my friends list has dried up, and I know that having people looking on makes a huge difference in making me accountable. So drop in and say hi! I'm hoping to be around for a while!

Dave

Replies

• jessikahmason94
    jessikahmason94 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm the same I lost loads of weight . Then I got pregnant used that as a excuse to eat what I pleased . I now gaied 2 Stone from my pregnancy . Looking to get it all back off .again !
    Feel free to add me :)
  • stacymay13
    stacymay13 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    <3
  • universalcontractors2
    Options
    I'm there with u ...I lost 65 pounds three years ago...put 40 back on and I'm just disgusted with me...however I did atkins the first time...and honestly i,don't have it in me again ...I tried twice and failed ...I don't have the willpower to do atkins again ...I gotta learn a new system I can achieve long terms goals at
  • Cup_
    Cup_ Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey there Dave! No worries, life happens! I am here to lose a few and take things to the next level (started lifting). And my hubby is doing this with me which is super awesome. Feel free to add me as I am happy to give daily support!!

-Danell
  • davidshutter
    davidshutter Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm there with u ...I lost 65 pounds three years ago...put 40 back on and I'm just disgusted with me...however I did atkins the first time...and honestly i,don't have it in me again ...I tried twice and failed ...I don't have the willpower to do atkins again ...I gotta learn a new system I can achieve long terms goals at

Yeah, I was always wary of Atkins because of the bounce-back issues people have had, but then I never really researched it that thoroughly.

Thanks for the adds, guys!
  • fitnessgoddess17
    fitnessgoddess17 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You are not alone in that boat. I lost 40 pounds then gained that plus 10 more back after the birth of my son. Friend request sent to you and anyone else looking for support feel free to add me