Exercise while Breastfeeding?

Options
I have a question, specifically directed towards moms who decided to breastfeed. Did anyone notice a difference in your LO's fussiness when you exercised while breastfeeding? I have heard that vigorous exercise increases lactic acid in the milk and so I amhesitant to get back into rigorous workouts. Any advice?

Also, I am always looking for new mommy friends who are also trying to shed the baby weight to mutually encourage. :)

Replies

• Kghaines
    Kghaines Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    *I meant exercise and then breastfeed. It would be quite difficult to workout WHILE your baby feeds. Lol
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Kghaines wrote: »
    *I meant exercise and then breastfeed. It would be quite difficult to workout WHILE your baby feeds. Lol
    LOL, that's what I pictured. A woman doing aerobics while actively nursing. (No help, though.) :)

• captgalactic
    captgalactic Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My daughter seems fine when I workout hard. I haven't really noticed much of a difference on days I workout and days I don't. But I only do a hard workout 2 days a week. If your LO has difficulty with it, what if you ease into it with workouts like yoga? Then maybe you won't have to worry about lactic acid build up, and it is something you can do with your baby.
  • ds6099
    ds6099 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I noticed that when I exercised, my milk supply decreased. So I waited until I stopped nursing before I started exercising again.
    Now I have 8 lbs to go...
  • princesspea234
    princesspea234 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Following. I'm 40 weeks and 2 days pregnant and I plan on exclusively breastfeeding and exercising after I get the all clear at my six week appointment. I'm already worried about supply and demand. :)