35 and struggling

Options
Hi everyone! I am 35 years old. When I met my fiancee I weight 125 pounds. Now we have been together for about 7.5 years and I currently weight 184 and my highest was 198. I am really struggling to loose the weight. I recently lose almost 10 pounds in 3 weeks, but I had this past weekend filled with working out, but I did drink some wine and eat out of my diet and I gained 3 pounds back. I am getting hopeless and realize that what I really need is daily support on myfitness account. Please feel free to share your stories and add me as a friend! Thank you everyone and good luck!

Replies

• amandacamera
    amandacamera Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Heya,

I'm in the same boat. I'm nearly 40 with a 3 year old daughter. When I met my husband I was 130lbs and then it kept creeping up. Ain't love grand? After I gave birth I didn't even try to lose the baby weight so I've been holding at around 165 for 3 1/2 years now. A friend of mine recently changed her whole lifestyle and lost, I dunno, 40-50 lbs only months after having a baby and she's my inspiration. It's time for me to get healthier and I hope this app keeps me focused and honest. Good luck to you!
  • blacknell04
    blacknell04 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I found what had been helping me is getting 5 pounds weight loss goals instead of the 30I originally set out for. We all tend to get discouraged when we don't see the weight falling off fast and old habits start to come back.
  • lilbitoftrouble
    lilbitoftrouble Posts: 2,052 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I found what had been helping me is getting 5 pounds weight loss goals instead of the 30I originally set out for. We all tend to get discouraged when we don't see the weight falling off fast and old habits start to come back.
    ^ This is so true. Once I stopped trying to look at the whole big pic and tackled smaller goals and then moved forward meaning I didn't keep losing the same 5lbs things just clicked and here I am 70lbs down and still going strong. Oh and I am 43 so if I can do it so can you.
  • overtime738
    overtime738 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It's ok, we will help you get through it. Add me
  • Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Now to make you really depressed. Weight loss doesn't get any easier as we age. Take it from me, nearly 45, and struggling myself to shed the pounds. As stated earlier, small goals really help, and understanding that progress isn't just made on a scale. I've had to buy new belts becuase the old one was too big but didn't drop a pound on the scale while that happened. This journey is all about the progress you make, not making the journey perfectly. Good luck!
  • lisswah
    lisswah Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I turned 35 in April. It can seem like the scales won't budge, eg, last 5 days I've ended on 600 & 700 cal. Still no change in weight. Would really like some friends. I am motivated like crazy but I've had my share of tough times. Anyone??
  • Sabrina918
    Sabrina918 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all the support. Ebtering foods into the diary and seeing what is in it definitely makes me think twice about what I put in my mouth. And the drinking has to stop for me. I just LOVE WINE
  • Daisyhatespeach
    Daisyhatespeach Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am 40 and have been married for almost 10 years. I have also gained A LOT of weight since meeting my husband. I have been really happy with my progress since joining mfp at the beginning of June. I have lost 17.5 lbs so far. I am sure it could have been more but I have had several days of indulging...which is ok!

Anybody that wants to, feel free to add me :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    You will lose weight more easily if you understand how the process works, this will give you more control over your journey and help to keep things in perspective.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • Cocoa1020
    Cocoa1020 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    lisswah wrote: »
    I turned 35 in April. It can seem like the scales won't budge, eg, last 5 days I've ended on 600 & 700 cal. Still no change in weight. Would really like some friends. I am motivated like crazy but I've had my share of tough times. Anyone??

600 -700 calories is very low. how long have you been trying?

• Cocoa1020
    Cocoa1020 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    also everyone can feel free to add :) im always looking for friends
  • smitup
    smitup Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    YOU GOT THIS!!! You're worth it! It's not going to be easy. Results will come slowly, especially when we look in the same mirror each day. All it takes is that little compliment from someone or being able to slowly get your old wardrobe back. Little motivators. Then there's this place. I've only been in the community for about a week and it has pushed me so much harder. It's awesome!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Whoever is struggling to lose weight please get ahold of me. I have used a program that has helped me tremendously. XXXXXXXXXXXXXX is my personal email I can give my phone number through an email if you are seriously interested in losing weight.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

7. Do Not Publish Private Contact Information
    For your safety, do not post personal information such as telephone numbers, emails, mailing addresses, chat or instant messenger IDs, etc.

9. Do Not Post the Same Topic on Multiple Boards or Groups
    Please choose the most appropriate board or group for your post and post it once. Posting the same message to multiple boards or multiple groups is a form of spam.

14. No Advertising, Self-Promotion, or Fund-Raising
    a) You may not post any links or mentions of other services, websites, or businesses from which you or an associate might benefit financially or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited to; posts that contain links to offsite blog posts and social media. You also may not solicit off-Forum contact from which you might benefit, e.g. "message me for more info", “I can get you free samples”, etc.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    lisswah wrote: »

You're only eating 600-700 calories a day? Bad idea. You're going to lose more muscle mass this way, not to mention hair, if you keep down this road.

It takes more than a few days of undereating to see a change in the scales. If the scale isn't budging, you need to make sure you're weighing all of your solids and measuring your liquids. Use accurate entries and the recipe builder. And for goodness' sake, eat at least 1200 calories + half of exercise.

OP: I turned 35 in May and have lost 69 pounds in just under a year. It can be done!

And the three pounds you put on from the weekend is water weight. I bloat when I drink alcohol too.
  • Sweep79
    Sweep79 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    All sounds familiar. I've gone from... Let me work it out in this pounds business... 120 to 180 over ten years and a baby. I'm bored and disgusted! I've set myself a first goal of being down a stone (14lb) by my 36th birthday in two months. I've used mfp before on off. I've started this time on Sunday and looking forward to getting weighed tomorrow (just because I always get weighed on Friday). And ditto with the wine!!