Poll: What have been the most helpful section of the forum/posts/groups/etc for your weightloss?

Options
Just curious, I know some only browse the forum but don't join groups, probably some find the groups most helpful, other might post mainly in a single continuous thread to keep themselves on track, some mostly just use the calorie tracking part and barely the rest... so what about you? What helps you?

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    All of them. I picked up so many tips from people here. Either advice they gave me or just reading their stories.

The person who suggested that I might like whole grain breads if I made them myself - it was the best suggestion I've received. They're not here now, but I wish they were!

Lots of the people who lost a large amount of weight and posted honest stories about their struggles and successes were very helpful. For so many people, they say it's so easy. I'm really happy for them, but I struggle. A lot. So, I like reading those, "I struggled, I failed, I succeeded," kind of stories. (Not the ones that are "I'm so great, you should be great like me, too!" but the ones that are more like me.)
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I would say I mainly read the recent discussions to find more hints. The experienced people who post I kind of track what they say.
    I belong to a couple Groups but not active in them.
    The Stickies are great.

I also love reading the success stories....
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    My favorite tends to be general, but I enjoy viewing success stories.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Chit-chat......

Just kidding. Hahahaha!!!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    mantium999 wrote: »
    Chit-chat......

Just kidding. Hahahaha!!!

SNORT!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    There are some great people on here giving some really good advice. There are also some great stickies at the top of the forums to read that give helpful information. Taking the time to get to know who knows what they are talking about, what information is real and what isn't, is a really good idea.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    All of them. Chit chat hasn't really helped me at all. I don't really know what's going on over there.

• fastforlife1
    fastforlife1 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Joining challenges helps to keep me motivated, and I love the success stories.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    All of them. Chit chat hasn't really helped me at all. I don't really know what's going on over there.

Lots of cray-cray.... and dudes asking if you kik.
  • arditarose
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »

Lots of cray-cray.... and dudes asking if you kik.

I think MFP is where I learned what that even was.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Sorry - where's the poll? How do I vote?
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options

It's like a cross between Tinder and Cougar Life.

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    They were all helpful when I started and you could actually get good information, but now they are only good for some mild amusement when I'm bored. If I want good information or have a question I go to my FL
  • amr32r
    amr32r Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Reading the forums..thats what made me start lifting ....thank you smart,beautiful ppl!
  • arditarose
    Options
    amr32r wrote: »
    Reading the forums..thats what made me start lifting ....thank you smart,beautiful ppl!

Yay for lifting! Some friends I made in the forums definitely helped me with my programming.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »

Off to chit chat I go... To bag me a cougar.

I have joined some groups but not active in them. So my vote is the weightloss section of the forums, is that an option?

• Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    "So you want a nice stomach" post has always been my favorite.
  • arditarose
    Options

lol I'm familiar with Tinder. Haven't yet made it to Cougar Life
  • arditarose
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »

Off to chit chat I go... To bag me a cougar.

I have joined some groups but not active in them. So my vote is the weightloss section of the forums, is that an option?

Nice new profile pic. I see the progress.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    The running thread. Whoever did that was a huge helper. Big, giant gold star for her. Very helpful.