Plank not in exercise database?

Options
kasifrass
kasifrass Posts: 4 Member
edited August 2015 in Getting Started
Is there another name for plank that I'm not aware of?

Replies

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I just group all of this under calisthenics.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    You won't burn that many calories doing a few planks.....probably why it is not in there.
  • robper13
    robper13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I added Plank Hold to mine. I record it in Map My Fitness and syncs it with MFP. I do 10 minutes of planks, 30 secs on and 30 secs off. In the off time, i do punches...lol. I burn about 108 calories or so. Better than nothing.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I would log under strength training. It won't actually adjust calories, but you will be able to track how many "reps" you did and see how you are improving over last time. I would also put number of seconds in as the number of reps. So in a case where I'm doing 10 planks for 30 seconds each, I'd put 10 sets of 30 reps under planks. Just what I would do... others will have different answers of course.

ETA: I have had to add most of my exercises to the strength training section. Haloes, skiiers, protractions, retractions, pull-up retractions, etc. were not included in the database so I added them for my tracking.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    It's logged as calisthenics if you are actually doing more than 5 minutes that it would add up to much of anything.
    That's normally body weight type exercise with very minimal rest and 20 or more reps. Since no reps here, are you holding longer than 20 reps would give you?
  • TriciaSmith2015
    TriciaSmith2015 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    This thread is very helpful. I do quite a bit of light strength training; including planks and kettlebells. I have been wondering how to account for this activity up until now.
  • kasifrass
    kasifrass Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's not so much about the calories burned; it's about tracking my strength training effort. I like to better myself each day, so it's nice to be able to look back and see what I did previously. Thank you all for your help!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Yep, in that case you can log anything under the strength training section once you make your own entry.

Even..... cardio, like pace per distance or HR for instance.