Anyone been to Kripalu in MA or into Kripalu Yoga?

Options
Anyone been to Kripalu in MA or into Kripalu Yoga?
http://kripalu.org

Ever taken a class or rehab/recovery or well-being program there?

Replies

• dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    No, but bump!!
  • mellymink
    mellymink Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    A girl I work with literally just got back from kripalu last week. She saved for months & said it was worth every penny and the wait. I'll try to ask her for some details when I see her next, but I don't overlap with her frequently. Hope others have some input! :)
  • innerspiraling
    innerspiraling Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have been to many programs at Kripalu - both with external instructors as well as Kripalu staff. I love Kripalu - the setting is lovely, the atmosphere is very centering, the facilities as a little spartan but comfortable, I've had some excellent programs. The food gets mixed reviews, but I've always been happy - cafeteria style but good healthy options for different eating styles. I have a little time off coming up and plan to go again soon!

I think the yoga instruction has improved over the last decade or so that I've been going - there are more options of styles - flow, hot, gentle within the Kripalu style, which has gotten somewhat more structured and form-oriented without losing any of the acceptance of what is that has defined the style for me. If you have any specific questions, please let me know.

Also, I know quite a few people who have been through Kripalu Yoga Teacher Training, and they report it is a great starting point for someone with no teaching experience, even for those that go on to teach in other styles down the road.