Looking for some friends!

Options
Hey!
I'm looking for some like-minded friends to share goals, and to cheer each other on!
I'm 29, work at a popular coffee shop, and will hopefully be getting (re)married and having a family soon. I have an anxiety disorder that mostly sits on the panic range for now, and it's something I'm working on.
I have been running for about a year, but due to some setbacks (most recently an injury), I haven't gotten any farther than running 5k. My current goal is to run 10k regularly! I also pole dance, and would love to see myself actually achieve aerial tricks and lots of strength, which has as been a bit of a struggle! I've been part of a pole dance community for about 6 years now!!
I have recently gotten into yoga at home, as well!
I'm a big proponent of everyone being thought of as beautiful and valid. I don't care if you're "overweight," or if you struggle to put weight on. I don't really believe that weight is a big measure of how healthy someone is. I also don't subscribe to BMI as an accurate measure of health.
I'm very positive, enthusiastic, and if you have a goal, I will keep cheering you on!!

Replies

• bdog186
    bdog186 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking for support :)
  • WheelingGirls
    WheelingGirls Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Yay fellow Pole-er!!! I also run - did a 10K once (hated it LOL) but I still do run regularly. I also lift (Stronglifts) which I love!! And doing JM at home.... I get on kicks and then fall off a bit but I'm always up for like minded homies!