Easy to Make quick dinner ideas

Options
MeganD2004
MeganD2004 Posts: 6 Member
Looking for quick and easy dinner ideas. Which can quickly be thrown together without much time or without any unusual ingredients. Any ideas?

Replies

• kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    bump!
    i usually do stirfries when im doing something quickly
  • Flwrsme
    Flwrsme Posts: 39
    Options
    Just last night before my Pilates class, i had about 45 mins. I cut up some chicken breast, seasoned it with basic stuff...salt, pepper, garlic salt etc. Cooked it in the frying pan with some olive oil. Once it was done i added a pack of frozen stir fry veggies. Then i added a LITTLE bit of teriyaki sauce and let it simmer while I made some instant brown rice. It was very tasty actually and will be added to my menu. :)
  • sosborne73
    sosborne73 Posts: 106
    Options
    You should look on HungryGirl.com. She has lots of great and fast recipes.
  • AlissaPT
    AlissaPT Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I try to grill over the weekend and make sure to make extra chicken breasts etc for the week. But in a pinch, Jennie-O makes frozen turkey burgers that are really thin, so they grill up from frozen in 4 minutes per side. Throw them on a Deli Flat and it's a really lo cal quick dinner.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Cheese fondue, made with broth/boullion instead of milk, is pretty quick. We like it with raw veggies and just a little bread. Cheese and bread or cracker plates are also quick and portable when needed. We eat a lot of cheese at my house....
  • alittle99
    alittle99 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm interested to see people's responses!!

As previously mentioned- stirfry is one of the BEST quickies, and most versatile. I also love making impromptu tuna salads (one pkg light tuna, then sautee spinach, chopped celery, chopped onions, chopped red pepper, minced garlic- whatever you want- and add to the tuna with italian dressing rather than mayo) and creative salads. Some salad ideas are spinach with cranberries, walnut halves, and feta cheese w/ balsamic dressing. Also romaine with fajita grilled chicken, lowfat cheese, onion, avocado (i usually use guacamole- simpler!) and salsa.
  • Gretchen27
    Gretchen27 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Turkey or veggie protein Chili. One can of organic diced tomatoes, one can of organic beans drained, one onion sliced, one lb of lean ground turkey or morning star crumbles and a packet of chili mix. Brown turkey or cook crumbles with onion add other ingredients and simmer 15 min. top with light cheese and sour cream, not enough carbs or starch, use chili to top a baked potato.
  • MeganD2004
    MeganD2004 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas! Looking forward to hopefully getting even more :)
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Quesadillas are super simple to make and usually under 500 calories (be careful with cheese and sour cream). I make them a lot when I want something that tastes like it's more time consuming when it really isn't.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    egg sandwich with fruit or veggies on the side