what is your why for being healthy?

Options
What motivates you? What keeps you persistant?

Replies

• ARC1603
    ARC1603 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've just had my second baby three months ago. It was a really difficult pregnancy and I couldn't physically keep up with my eldest son who is two. I decided I didn't want to spend the rest of my life being the mum who was too fat to run around after her kids. I don't want to look perfect, I just don't ever want to feel like I did when I was pregnant and huge ever again!
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I want my 15 year old figure back before I turn 40. Almost there!
  • Reema_capricorn
    Reema_capricorn Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    I want my 15 year old body back before I turn 30!
  • icck
    icck Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I want to be fit enough to run around with my 4 year old for a long time yet, and hopefully healthy enough to be around for her in later years.
  • tinaschultz0327
    tinaschultz0327 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    2 thing I have been trying to conceive for 6 years and someone told me I am not conceiving because of how skinny I am. The other reason is because I want to feel beautiful!!!!
  • samgetsfit606
    samgetsfit606 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    To treat my body and mind with the same love and respect I treat others. Plus I am trying to conceive and want a healthy body to better my chances and to give my (hopefully soon) baby a healthy start at life.
  • louiseyates1
    louiseyates1 Posts: 108 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    My 3 year old calls me fatty chops and has been my cheerleader since starting back up 6 days ago. She really knows more than I thought and its affecting her (she looks at her tummy and says things like I'm fat like mummy) I never want that for her. So I need to step up and be her role model!
  • karenkasbi
    karenkasbi Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm currently at a healthy weight but I want to get fit because of the sense of accomplishment it gives me. I feel fantastic when I work out and see results.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I don't really have any reason to be healthy other than I want to remain healthy. Health is important. Weight control is just one aspect.
  • freak4iron
    freak4iron Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    Hmm I feel like I'm at a pivital moment in my life. I just turned 27 today And I almost didn't live to see this day... That thought alone sends shivers down my spine.

I'Ve realized how lucky I am to have this day and I'm here to do as much As I possibly can with it. I'm done sacrificing my self to the day, now I'm here to take that *kitten* for myself!.... If that makes any sense I dont know but I'm gonna roll with it.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I want to do everything within my power to have and active, vibrant, happy old age!
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I want to inspire people. I wAnt to wake up everyday with the thoughts of maybe I'm just a preschool teacher that sucks at art,lol. But I can do this. I know nutrition and I am inspired by others. And I have s passion for this. I do it so one day I can turn my yes I can, into yes I did.
  • freak4iron
    freak4iron Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    getitamb wrote: »
    I want to inspire people. I wAnt to wake up everyday with the thoughts of maybe I'm just a preschool teacher that sucks at art,lol. But I can do this. I know nutrition and I am inspired by others. And I have s passion for this. I do it so one day I can turn my yes I can, into yes I did.

@getitamb woooow cmon girl! You want to wake up every day telling yourself you're "just" this, and suck at that?... does that sound inspiring to you? Please stop defining yourself by what job you have or your weaknesses.

Focus on the good. I'm sure you're one bada$$ teacher and I bet you make a lot of kids hAppy to come to school, and you're strong enough to do this, no doubt! That sounds a little more encouraging doesn't it?
  • rhiannonarmstrong31
    rhiannonarmstrong31 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I don't want my kids to see me unhappy about my body. I want to feel wrong and be able to run with my kids with ease.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    So I can enjoy growing old, not being a burden to my wife and kids. Most of all being able to spend time with the grand kids. The surprise, I never realized I would feel great doing it!
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    To experience something that I haven't before
    > BE NORMAL..
  • Havasufalls
    Havasufalls Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Love all the responses-thank you! My why is my 4 beautiful kids-my husband, but mostly for me-I finally realized that I was choosing to live that way-and I dont want it anymore-but more importantly I want to see how far I can go-how healthy I can get if I dont quit-I know what quiting feels like and i no longer accept that for myself-I cant wait to hike havasu falls next spring/summer-and I chose that as my username so it can be a constant reminder-thanks everyone!
  • lucky56luv
    lucky56luv Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I want to be healthy for myself, I want to make sure I'm around long enough to meet my grand children. I want my daughter to live a healthy lifestyle and enjoy eating right. I want her not to ever feel unhealthy or have to struggle with weight issues as I have.
  • tanyajensen75
    tanyajensen75 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    To have energy to play with my son. I also want to be able to be self sufficient externally and internally. I don't want to have to take high blood pressure medicine or have diabetes, which is the direction I was heading in before.
  • Reema_capricorn
    Reema_capricorn Posts: 1,032 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Honestly? I keep imagining that i'll get hit by a truck while crossing the road or get knifed to death or jump off a building and because I am large, people won't be able to carry my corpse without huffing and puffing. So when I die I want to be a healthy weight!!