Protein pancake recipe Needed

Options
brian_m22
brian_m22 Posts: 23 Member
i wanna read different protein pancake recipes you all may have. I wanna keep it fairly basic, but also fun to eat. Tips and methods are welcome :)

Replies

• leestew
    leestew Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Brian, I use 1.5 scoops chocolate protein powder, 1 egg, 100g fat free natural yoghurt, 100g crushed rolled oats and a medium banana. I like to top with blueberries.
  • brian_m22
    Options
    Looks and sounds good! I'll try it out tomorrow after my workout
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    1/4 cup flour, 6oz Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup protein powder, 1 egg, 1 tsp baking soda, and I usually add 1 tbsp of milk.

I love them, but they're a bit dry if you don't add fruit. They're a lot of protein though!
  • kirstens1984
    kirstens1984 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I don't use protein powder in my pancakes but they are full of protein anyway. I use a ripe mashed banana, 3 egg whites, 1 heaped tsp coconut flour and some cinnamon for the pancakes. Then I top with loads of almond butter and chopped hazelnuts and some honey. They are delicious I promise! Bet you could add protein powder too but I've not experimented so couldn't say what they would turn out like.
  • deviiv
    deviiv Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Dead simple, but needs more tweaking:
    -scoop of protein powder
    -egg
    -home-made applesauce (in place of bananas, which I hate)

Comes out quite dry so I still need to add some moisture, maybe some oil next time
  • brian_m22
    Options
    Thank you everyone I'll consider all of these and try different ones out!
  • get_rucked
    get_rucked Posts: 71 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    4ddm1oeqwozk.jpg

I get the protein in by slathering them in peanut butter but an alternative would be to add the pb to the mixture directly or else a scoop of protein powder:

2 bananas
    2 eggs
    .5 cup of porridge oats
    .5 tsp. baking powder
    pinch of salt

serves 2 with approx. 270 calories per serving
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    powercakessmFixed.jpg

Buy it at Target or online. I gave up on protein pancakes until I found this mix. It's not as expensive as brands like P28 or FlapJacked, and they're not dry and dense like 80% of the protein pancake recipes I've tried. Super easy and basic, but also versatile and delicious.

The Nikki Blackketter protein waffle recipe is my favorite, and you can use the same mix for pancakes.

1 serving (53g) Kodiak Power Cake Mix
    50g cottage cheese
    1 whole egg
    1/2 scoop protein powder
    Sweetener (optional)

You could also add some cinnamon and/or vanilla extract or whatever you want. Then just add water slowly until you get the desired batter consistency and cook them like you would any other pancake/waffle batter.

They taste great with just syrup, but my Sunday morning waffles are always topped with spray butter, cinnamon, some type of nut butter or cookie butter, chocolate chips, and pancake syrup. This recipe makes 2 large waffles - not sure how many pancakes it would make.

If I just need a post-workout meal, I use a serving of the mix, an egg, and water and top it with spray butter, cinnamon, and syrup. This way will get you one big waffle or two smaller waffles.
  • Francl27
    Options
    powercakessmFixed.jpg

Buy it at Target or online. I gave up on protein pancakes until I found this mix. It's not as expensive as brands like P28 or FlapJacked, and they're not dry and dense like 80% of the protein pancake recipes I've tried. Super easy and basic, but also versatile and delicious.

The Nikki Blackketter protein waffle recipe is my favorite, and you can use the same mix for pancakes.

50g cottage cheese
    1 whole egg
    1/2 scoop protein powder
    Sweetener (optional)

You could also add some cinnamon and/or vanilla extract or whatever you want. Then just add water slowly until you get the desired batter consistency and cook them like you would any other pancake/waffle batter.

They taste great with just syrup, but my Sunday morning waffles are always topped with spray butter, cinnamon, some type of nut butter or cookie butter, chocolate chips, and pancake syrup. This recipe makes 2 large waffles - not sure how many pancakes it would make.

If I just need a post-workout meal, I use a serving of the mix, an egg, and water and top it with spray butter, cinnamon, and syrup. This way will get you one big waffle or two smaller waffles.

You know, it's funny because I tried with milk, egg, one, the other, or none, and I find that they taste the best just with water! But I haven't tried waffles, just pancakes. Wouldn't the batter be very dense without any liquid?

Love them though, but I like them better with savory toppings for some reason (I usually make 3 medium pancakes with ham, swiss, and a fried egg).
  • Francl27
    edited August 2015
    Options
    powercakessmFixed.jpg

50g cottage cheese
    1 whole egg
    1/2 scoop protein powder
    Sweetener (optional)

Just wanted to update - made these, just used ricotta instead of cottage cheese. Used Quest salted caramel powder and added a bit of stevia. Delicious. 410 calories and 40g of protein. Thanks for sharing!

ETA: I got 5 regular sized fluffy pancakes with it.
  • vadim605
    vadim605 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Here's one most have never heard before and works with low carb (and if you use fat free cream cheese it's crazy low in calories just isn't as fluffy and tasty)

2-3oz or cream cheese
    2-3 eggs or egg whites
    Sweetner of choice
    Dash of salt or baking lowdsr
    And to make it really fluffy 1tb of Coconut flour(optional but recommend)
    Thats the base. After that you can add in what ever mix ins and flavors you'd like.

I add in 2tb of cocoa powder if I want to keep cals low, or sometimes sugar free chocolate chips. If you need some protien in there mix in a scoop with some water or almond milk then add it to the mix.
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but my kids love when I make these (found on-line):

Ingredients:
    3 cups oat pancake mix (I used Quaker brand, but regular mix would still work, not as much protein)
    1/2 cup milk
    1 cup greek yogurt (plain or vanilla)
    4 eggs
    3/4 cup pure maple syrup
    breakfast meat of your choice

Directions:
    1. Mix the first five ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
    2. Line a mini-muffin pan (or regular sized muffin pan, your choice) with liners or spritz with non-stick cooking spray.
    3. Fill the muffins 2/3 of a way full with pancake batter.
    4. Place meat into each muffin tin.
    5. Bake on 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until fully done.

Note on the meat: When I used the links, I sliced one link into fourths. I placed one piece in each mini-muffin and two pieces in each regular sized muffin. I pressed the links into the batter so the muffin would form around the meat, but you can just place the crumbed meat on top (some might sink into the batter, but some will stay on top).
  • bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    1 Large Egg
    70g fat free cottage cheese
    1/2 cup any milk (I use cashew)
    60g of large flake oats
    10g aunt jemima pancake mix (you can skip this if you want, just do 70g of oats)
    30g whey, i use dymatize birthday cake, vanilla, or cinnamon
    55g banana
    2 tsp baking soda
    some cinnamon
    salt
    truvia
    banana extract

I blend it together, mostly for the oats.

Makes incredibly delicious, sweet banana flavored pancakes with a great texture/consistency and it's just over 500 calories for a filling meal. I also throw on some sugar free syrup because yolo
    62 C/ 49 P/ 9 F