I really dont understand!

Options
So I've lost some weight. Six pounds is a good loss for two weeks. What I dont understand is my waist is getting smaller but my hips are getting bigger. I just dont understand. The really bad part is my hips and butt are where I need to lose the most. I am so very confused!

Replies

• momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    It's probably not getting bigger, you're likely not measuring in exactly the same spot. My hip measurements vary widely (no pun intended) from time to time over my 25 lb weight loss.
  • silverwing30102
    Options
    I went through this same thing at first with my stomach, I felt like it was getting bigger while my waist was getting smaller, but where you hips the biggest part of your body to start with? I realize now, that its all shrinking - but my stomach will just keep looking bigger as I get smaller until it catches up. Thats were I was carrying most of my weight.
  • giammarcor
    giammarcor Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    So I've lost some weight. Six pounds is a good loss for two weeks. What I dont understand is my waist is getting smaller but my hips are getting bigger. I just dont understand. The really bad part is my hips and butt are where I need to lose the most. I am so very confused!

I'm no dietician but I wonder if some of that is water retention. Are your sodium levels high?
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    have you measured it or does it just look bigger? and if you have measured it are you 100% certain you are measuring in the same exact place?
  • BIccan1959
    BIccan1959 Posts: 10
    Options
    Keep the faith & if you are working out, be sure that you are working all areas equally. Also keep in mind that each person notices weight loss in different places (mine is the bustline - which really upsets my hubby - boo hoo).... :flowerforyou:
  • gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I think everyone's right, don't fret! If you started working out and exercising alot, and you're not used to it, you are gonna puff up with water for a bit. When i start running heavily, i kinda bloat up for about a week. You will normalize, just give it a few more weeks. also, 6 lbs in 2 weeks is really amazing, so focus on how great that is!!