Fitbit users

Options
are any of you using a Fitbit? Are you having success with it? I'm looking for ideas.

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    love my Fitbit :smiley: , what kind of ideas though? you mean challenges?
    and yes, I've successfully maintained my weight loss going by my fitbit numbers :smile:
  • deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit. It is a constant reminder to keep moving and not spend so much time on the couch. I have my fitbit linked to MFP and I log all my food here (better database).

What kind of ideas are you looking for?
  • lyndyz
    lyndyz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Love my fitbit! The challenges have made me more competitve to move more to beat my friends step goals
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    MFP has a large and vibrant Fitbit community: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I have a garmin vivofit - had a bracelet like this for 2 1/2 years now. I'm currently on day 480 of consecutive 10 000 or more steps. Set yourself goals and stick to them. Don't go to bed until you have your steps! Start with 30 days, when you meet that, set another goal... I lost most of my 50lbs lost by walking - thanks to my bracelet.
  • SaintsFanBob
    SaintsFanBob Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I hate my Firbit. Everytime I want to see what time it is it tells me I haven't walked enough :p

Seriously though I have had the Fitbit for two years or so and I would lose my mind without it honestly. It is so nice to see the stats instantly and just seeing it on my wrist reminds me of why I am choosing a grilled chicken salad and not the double bacon cheese-burger! Not to mention the Fitbit Zip is inexpensive so I have bought them for both my kids and a few family members as a starter.
  • Emilycto
    Emilycto Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about getting a Fitbit does anyone have a recommendation which one to get?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    @Emilycto I have the One, hubby has the Charge, both are great but if it was me I'd be going for Charge HR as it has the heartrate monitor as well. If you need it to be waterproof you need to go for the Flex.
  • SaintsFanBob
    SaintsFanBob Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for something discrete you could go with the One which you could drop in your pocket or the Zip which you can hook on your pocket or on your bra strap under your shirt (this is how my daughter, wife, mom and mother in law use it) and those are like $50.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I like the Fitbit One I have. My only real issue with it is that my sleep wristband is showing signs of wear and tear after I've only been using it for a couple months.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I have a flex and a Charge. The Charge is my day to day, and I use the flex when on vacation (waterproof!!) Love them both!
  • burns429
    burns429 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    FYI the flex is not waterproof!

https://fitbit.com/flex#specs
    It is "...sweat, rain and splash proof. However, the device is not swim proof. We also recommend taking Flex off before showering..."
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    burns429 wrote: »
    FYI the flex is not waterproof!

https://fitbit.com/flex#specs
    It is "...sweat, rain and splash proof. However, the device is not swim proof. We also recommend taking Flex off before showering..."

I've had mine for 3+ years, has spent many hours in the ocean and showering, never an issue.