Lost 20 Pounds and Gained a Fat Roll

Options
I used to be proportionately fat all over. I lost 20 pounds, apparently all from my waist, so now I have an unexpected fat roll on my abdomen and hips. I look worse than before I lost the weight! But I know eventually it will all work out as I continue to lose weight. It was just a surprise. You really don't know from where the weight will come off.

Replies

• tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I had a similar thing happen - I tend to lose weight from the top down; my shoulders have leaned out and I can feel my ribs, and it looks like all the fat has travelled south and pooled around my hips :)
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    I used to be proportionately fat all over. I lost 20 pounds, apparently all from my waist, so now I have an unexpected fat roll on my abdomen and hips. I look worse than before I lost the weight! But I know eventually it will all work out as I continue to lose weight. It was just a surprise. You really don't know from where the weight will come off.

Yeah, it really messes with your head. I'm one pound from goal and I've just lost inches from my thighs and now they're smaller than my calves this is the rudest thing my body has ever done to me.
  • FunSizedKJ
    FunSizedKJ Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    This is my life! I lose it in my arms, face and around my rib cage first. Leaving that lovely pouch of a belly and love handles for long periods of time in between. Sadly, my butt does not seem to get the memo to hold onto any extra weight to keep my proportioned. Such is life!
  • Rebeckistan
    Rebeckistan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Going through a similar thing with my weight loss. I really want to lose it everywhere, but especially in my belly as that's where I gain my weight. Instead, it's all coming off of my breasts (to the point where I need to buy a new bra now) and my thighs. My belly on the other hand... not budging.