Milestone Rewards for Men

Options
zebacuff
zebacuff Posts: 39 Member
edited August 2015 in Motivation and Support
I'm looking to set up a list of incentives/rewards for myself as I hit successive mini-goals in my weight loss journey (lose 10#, lose 20#, track all food for 30 days, hit the gym 15 times in a month, etc.).

What small rewards (preferably inexpensive, ideally non-food) have worked for you in the past?

(And I'm a guy - no pedicures, 'cute' haircuts, or lingerie, please)

TIA

Replies

• deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    How about new hand weights, kettlebell, walking or running shoes, workout gear.

I usually just head to Dicks Sporting goods and find something that says...hmmmm, I could use that and I deserve it.
  • freak4iron
    freak4iron Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    I reward my self with a couple beers or a "slack and enjoy it day" have a few beers go fishing don't log of worry about calories and just enjoy company of friends and the relief from the stress of turning your eating and drinking habits into An Elegbra equation everyday... It keeps Ya sane to have a break.

If your really dead set with a no food/drink reward, how bout just taking the day to do something you love... You got s girl in your life that you could.... Well you know ;)

Go shooting, camping, swimming at the beach.... I duno man I feel like it's a personal matter to what gets you off. I probably like a bunch of crap you don't so it's hard to say. I reward myself all the time not just milestones.
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Nothing compares to the rewards of just being fit and healthy, but when I have reaches various weight goals in my journey to lose 100 pounds, I'd buy a complete wardrobe.
    I started out at 278, and when I got to 230, I needed new clothes.
    My next shopping trip was at 205....and then 190...and again at 180

• linzi02
    linzi02 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm a girl but I try and treat myself to new things that will help with my motivation and fitness. For example, new trainers, new workout top or something. Or if I have lost enough to go down a size, I'll get a new outfit. Another favourite is treating myself to a nice perfume, if you like aftershave you could do that?