Your best peaches recipes?

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
I have a bunch of peaches picked today, which should be good to eat in a few days... but I need recipes! I was thinking pie or cobbler or something at least but there are too many recipes out there... Any favorite? Doesn't have to be low calorie or anything, although obviously if you know a delicious low calorie recipe, it would be nice!

And it got to be easy, lol.

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Halved and grilled, the drizzled with honey - a little vanilla ice cream. Mmm!
  • db34fit69
    db34fit69 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Yes, Peach Schnapps / Liqueur. So easy!

http://www.guntheranderson.com/liqueurs/peach.htm

Remember to do the straining and filtering technique, veyr important so you don't get any cloudy residue. This is a party favorite and your guests will ask you for the recipe.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I just made peach freezer jam! I followed the Certo liquid gelatin recipe. So easy. My kids are thrilled!
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Following because we are picking our peaches this week :)
  • Francl27
    Options
    db34fit69 wrote: »
    Yes, Peach Schnapps / Liqueur. So easy!

http://www.guntheranderson.com/liqueurs/peach.htm

Remember to do the straining and filtering technique, veyr important so you don't get any cloudy residue. This is a party favorite and your guests will ask you for the recipe.

Well I don't drink so that's pretty much out, lol.

And we still have a ton of strawberry jam from May, so I'm not sure I want more of that. But thanks for the suggestions!
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Roasted Peaches with Ricotta

I haven't made this yet, but it's on my list of things to try.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Jam, I absolutely adore peach jam and it is very easy to make: thinly slice your peaches or puree them, whatever you like, add 3/4 sugar for 1 part fruit (in weight not volume), sprinkle with orange or lemon juice and boil over low to medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the jam starts to thicken.
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I've done this recipe a couple of times, grilling the peaches after dusting lightly with brown sugar. Awesome summer dessert!

http://tastykitchen.com/blog/2012/08/grilled-peaches-with-honey-ginger-cream-cheese-fluff/
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Also frozen yoghurt, puree the peaches, add 1 cup greek yoghurt (low fat works but full fat is better) per cup of peaches, sugar to taste and let the mixture freeze. If you have an ice cream maker follow instructions, otherwise every hour or so remove from freezer and blend with a fork.
    Or if you want to make it fresh whenever you feel like it: slice the peaches, and freeze them in cup-sized containers. When you are in the mood for frozen yoghurt, put the frozen peaches in a smoothie maker, blender, food processor etc, add yoghurt, sugar to taste and enjoy.
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,444 Member
    Options
    As I relatively lazy as well as a terrible cook; I just slice up a couple, add a handful of blueberries, then mix one pkg of steel cut oats with a little brown sugar and some pecans or walnuts and sprinkle on top; then bake it for about 15 min or nuke it ... quick and yummy... and when it's still warm with a little vanilla yogurt to top it off? big yum lol.
  • Francl27
    Options
    All this is making me hungry... More, lol! They're still not soft enough to do anything with anyway...
  • weatherschristie
    weatherschristie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I LOVE fresh peaches. For breakfast I like to do a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and cut up a whole peach and stir it in. Sometimes add a pack of Splenda to make it a little sweeter. Low cal and delicious!
  • Francl27
    Options
    Well I bought some pie crusts to make a pie. So that will use up some of them. Just need to find a recipe, lol.