Dealing with a weekend of overeating

Options
2»

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Also-super jealous of your 2400 calorie maintenance. I have to bank all week to be able to eat that much on Saturday.
  • jenbob1985
    jenbob1985 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the input, I appreciate it. So far I'm happy with my decision, as weirdly my weight hasn't even spiked (yet). Monday 129lbs, Tuesday 128lbs, this morning 130lbs - nothing outside of my normal fluctuations. And my workout on Monday was great with all the extra calories :smile: However I will keep an eye on my weight, be more vigilant with my intake (no extra licks as arditarose said), but most of all not stress about it.

I do love my 2400 calorie maintenance - my only activity other than lifting is walking, as I rarely use my car and walk everywhere which amounts to around 60 miles a week (according to my Fitbit). I might try squeeze some extra miles in this week if I can.

Thanks again!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Also-super jealous of your 2400 calorie maintenance. I have to bank all week to be able to eat that much on Saturday.

Mine is 2200 or so but I've been eating 1800 most of the time to make up for week ends/PMS week. I still want to lose a couple pounds too but I've been maintaining this way for a year, so I'm guessing that if I actually ate at maintenance most days I would have gained a few pounds because of 'those' days.
  • labohn91
    labohn91 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    If you want some peace of mind add in some cardio this week. If you can't take two days off your diet and see progress you might want to change up something.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I overeat on the weekends occasionally and always, always scale it back for a day or two afterwards. If nothing else it makes me feel better physically - less bloated and sluggish, etc.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    just go work it off