Help!!!! Out of Commission for 7 weeks.

Options
Hey guys

I need some advice. I had a mole removed from my left leg yesterday which required stitches. The dermatologist said that I shouldn't do any "rigourous" exercise for 7 weeks afer I get the stiches removed (which is in 10 days).

I'm so dissapointed because I just really started getting into the swing of things as far as my exercise routine is concerned. I've started running and strength training on a consistent basis (4x's a week) and have lost a few lbs. Any advice on exercises I can do until my leg heals?!?!?! I'd hate to lose momentum after doing so well, plus I have a 20 year high school reunion to prepare for in July:((((

Thanks any advice is greatly appreciated!!!

mduvall612

Replies

• stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    There are lots of chair exercises available that are super easy and almost no impact.
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    Walking? Elliptical? Swimming?
  • jaimejean478
    jaimejean478 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Can you still do walking as exercise? I would say find a good hilly outdoor route to do. I have a 4.5 mile loop with some good hills, that burns around 600 calories in 85 minutes. Or, using incline settings on a treadmill works too. Keep up the upper body strength training too! Good luck!!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I imagine you can still weight train upper body, abs and do some walking??

I guess by rigorous he meant running or aerobics or anything to do with the legs?

Not sure tho. Ask him :flowerforyou:
  • areno113
    areno113 Posts: 2
    Options
    I would recommend the chair exercises as well to maintain the work in your upper body. Also, REALLY watch what you eat over the next few weeks. Eating makes up for most of weight loss. If you can keep your calories down and do chair exercises, you should be ok.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    focus on your eating and yuo will still lose weight. Can you walk?

how about upper body workout stuff? you can do a lot from a chair or bench if you can't stand for long periods
  • babygirl1998
    Options
    you could use a wheel chair or something, that really strengthens the arms.
  • mduvall612
    Options
    Thanks for responding everyone. I believe I should be able to walk on the treadmill. I just have to be careful not to break the stitches. I just know from past experience walking hasn't given me the results as running (with weight loss, energy, etc). I feel that I'll be starting over in 7 weeks as far as my running progression is concerned. My goal is to run an entire 10 minutes without a break by the mid July. I'm up to 3 minutes:)

Thanks again
    mduvall612