Not new, but returning! 120+ lbs to lose!

Options
Hi, I have been a member of MFP for about three or or four years now. Two years ago, I made some decent progress, losing 27 lbs in two months, but somewhere along the way, I fell off the wagon in a major way. Gained back all that I lost, plus a pretty sizable amount.

Well, I'm back and looking for some MFP buddies to add to my old ones! I'm a 25 year old woman, starting back at 290lbs, and ready for the long haul! Please feel free to add me!!

Replies

• NCGOALIEMOM
    NCGOALIEMOM Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Super proud of you for returning! It's not easy. I'm in the same boat with you. I was down 60, now I'm back up over the nemesis weight I SWORE I would never get back over. I've got close to 100 to shed now.
  • aluhsin
    aluhsin Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Adding you! I'm 23 and 265. I was on MFP for about a month before falling off the wagon, and before that I did Weight Watchers and lost about 40 pounds. Well here I am with that and more to lose!
  • BigLynxae
    BigLynxae Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    We can totally do it ladies (and gents if you see this)!!!!
  • mplswhovian
    mplswhovian Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! It's definitely not easy to return to something like this, but we can do this! I'm 32 and 260. Lost 70 lbs about 6 years ago, fell off the wagon and gained it all back and then some, now I'm working on 100+ lbs.
  • EinSD619
    EinSD619 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies,
    Just saw this post. I have never really looked into the community section but I am really determined this time around. I have used MFP before but haven't really stuck to it. I am 34 and need to lose 74 pounds. It's getting harder as I'm getting older. I would love to add some of you :smile:
  • mplswhovian
    mplswhovian Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    EinSD619 wrote: »
    Good morning ladies,
    Just saw this post. I have never really looked into the community section but I am really determined this time around. I have used MFP before but haven't really stuck to it. I am 34 and need to lose 74 pounds. It's getting harder as I'm getting older. I would love to add some of you :smile:

Add me! We can do this!
  • leftyguitarplr
    leftyguitarplr Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I know where you're coming from, been there as well. I'm coming back strong - we can do this. Please feel free to add me!
  • ktgnz1220
    ktgnz1220 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Same boat here! Returning to MFP with more determination than ever! I have 70 pounds to lose and am 39 years old. Feel free to add me. We can do this!
  • BigLynxae
    BigLynxae Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    We totally can!! Great job to all of us for just coming back to it! We got this!
  • AuntieAnon
    AuntieAnon Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I started my journey a month ago. I'm 26 and at around 224 at the moment. Let's cheer each other on!
  • kgohring437
    kgohring437 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congrats on returning. Add me we can help each other .
  • curvy_gamer_loses
    curvy_gamer_loses Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    The first time I was on here, I had only 30 to lose. I met that goal, fell off the wagon, and now I have 53+ to lose. Feel free to add me!
  • nicolajane6393
    nicolajane6393 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Everyone add me :) need more friends for motivation! Also, happy to be a weigh in buddy for any of you as well (once a week give our weight and/or loss to one another, and work towards our goals together!)
  • mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Congrats on coming back! Feel free to add me, I have about 80 more pounds to my "First" BIG Goal of losing 100, Will be probably losing more after that....(my final GW is 170 but i am starting with a GW of 192 which is 100 pounds down and seeing how i feel at that weight first)... I currently weight 272... I haven't weight under 200 since before highschool
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I started at 290 too, when I was 27! :)

(I'm about to turn 29, lol.)

I take it way slow and whatnot, but it can totally be done.
  • Aakornely
    Aakornely Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am also in the same boat... I started about 2.5 years ago, losing 50lbs, and feeling great. Found myself in a rut and off the wagon, again, gaining 41 of back and running out of clothes to wear. Losing and maintaining a healthy weight is a lifestyle change and sometimes requires a good core/support group to do it. I have 67lbs to go to feel comfortable with my weight, but still above the medical standards of 119 lbs for my height. (HA)
    We Can Do It! :p
  • aurora184
    aurora184 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've finally decided to do something about my weight last month and started my long journey (100+ lbs). I'd love to have friends so I'll sent some friend requests.