Weight loss tips and advice? :)

Hey,

I'm new to this site and would love any tips and advice on healthy eating, dieting and weight loss?

Replies

• 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    I'm new to this site and would love any tips and advice on healthy eating, dieting and weight loss?

Read, read, read! This community is a wealth of information. Nearly every struggle you'll encounter or question you have has been discussed, is being discussed, and will likely continue to be discussed in the future.

My most important tips are to be realistic in your expectations and aim for sustainable change. Anyone can starve themselves with 800 calories per day and lose tons of weight, but that's neither responsible nor sustainable. Set reasonable goals with achievable changes and they will stick.
  • desssssss
    desssssss Posts: 4 Member
    edited August 2015
    Well what I do is limit my calories to a deficit amount so the recommended is 1,200... I take in 1,000 and I use the elliptical 45 minutes a day 7 days a week. I've been doing that for about 15 days and I've lost 16 pounds. But I realize that with that deficit I need to take vitamins.
    I take
    2 Fish Oil
    2 Fiber Gummies
    1 magnesium tablet
    1 b-complex
    1 cinnamon tablet
    1 green tea tablet
    It's gross taking them everyday to be honest but I take them in the morning before I start my day. I've found that doing the elliptical every day makes my body sore but I read somewhere that magnesium tablets are supposed to help so I started taking them and they've helped so far. I also increase The intensity level of the elliptical every 10 to 20 minutes a day. A start out at 20 then work my way up!
  • Sharksfan01
    Sharksfan01 Posts: 2 Member
    Hey,

WEIGHT LOSS- Get a Fitbit to monitor how many calories you burn a day and just eat less calories than you burn, do not go to extreme though. Eat about 500 calories less than you burn and you will loose half a pound a week