Low calorie, filling snacks/meals?

Options
What low calorie meals/snacks does everyone eat?
At the moment of I'm peckish I just go for fruit or nuts but would like a change and want to try new things.
Also any ideas for lunches/dinners?
Thank you :)

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Nuts aren't particularly low calorie in my eyes... you can get a lot of calories from a handful quite easily.

• kerriregan959
    kerriregan959 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Nuts aren't particularly low calorie in my eyes... you can get a lot of calories from a handful quite easily.
    I know they're not, another reason why I asked for ideas. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots fill me the most honestly! But if I'm really hungry for a snack, I need 200ish calories typically... Greek yogurt and an apple, apple with nut butter, piece of cheese with an apple (ok I guess you could sub the apple for berries, I just really like my pink lady apples).
  • Zhara9
    Zhara9 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    A boiled egg
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    My go-to for snack is a boiled egg or two (I eat the white, the dog gets the yolk) and 1oz of cheese. Add a little guacamole or some pesto.
  • cpalumbo89
    cpalumbo89 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    If I'm dying then I'll eat a whole bag of light popcorn, usually with some hot sauce.
  • kamidale
    kamidale Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I pre-measure snacks into 100 calorie packs so I can just grab and go :)

~Fruit (apples, oranges, bananas, dried fruit)
    ~Nuts (almonds, walnuts, cashews, peanuts)
    ~Seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, squash)
    ~Natural peanut butter or almond butter
    ~Rice Cakes
    ~Popcorn
    ~Granola bar (whole grain)
    ~Crackers (whole grain)
    ~Dry Cereal (high fiber, whole grain)
    ~String cheese (low fat)
    ~Yogurt (low fat)
    ~Herbal tea
  • kaoldham
    kaoldham Posts: 14 Member
    Options

They are higher in calories but pretty darn good for you. I'm veggie so I tend to have pure nut butter every 2-3 days, depending on what else I'm eating (protein wise).

• racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    a serving of baby carrots with a 100 calorie cup (or 2, even) of Wholly Guacamole
  • _onebeauty
    _onebeauty Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    snacks... jello w/ reduced sugar (only 10 calories, & taste really good; strawberry kiwi), "fig newtons (strawberry flavor, 100 calories for 2), watermelon, coffee w/ almond milk & equal "sugar" ( calories per cup) (also staves off hunger/snackiness)

food... progresso light soups, mmm! vegetable (120 calories for can) or chicken noodle (140 calories for can)
  • bkate24
    bkate24 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Seconding many of these . . . light popcorn, broth type soups, boiled eggs, baby carrots with a little bit of hummus. I've started steaming vegetables - today I had some steamed greens and steamed sweet potatoes.

I'm also always an advocate for low fat low salt cottage cheese, maybe with a bit of pineapple. You can have a half a cup (113g) for less than 100 calories and it's incredibly filing and full of protein. (I'm going to become known as the cottage cheese lady on here . . . )
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hard boiled egg
    Roasted (and cooled) edamame
    Rice cakes...they aren't very filling, but they are yummy, if you happen to like them
    Granola
    Cottage cheese
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    _onebeauty wrote: »
    snacks... jello w/ reduced sugar (only 10 calories, & taste really good; strawberry kiwi), "fig newtons (strawberry flavor, 100 calories for 2), watermelon, coffee w/ almond milk & equal "sugar" ( calories per cup) (also staves off hunger/snackiness)

food... progresso light soups, mmm! vegetable (120 calories for can) or chicken noodle (140 calories for can)

Not a fan of 120 calorie soups.....not enough protein in them to count as a meal.

Protein, fat and fiber help keep me full.

Cottage cheese & berries. Greek yogurt with fruit & nuts. Apple slices dipped in PB2.

Popcorn is my go to snack. I pop it using very little oil (microwave bowl) and the seasonings can vary.