looking for fitness pals

Options
Hello everyone! I'm new here and I would like to have a group to motivate each other!

Replies

• ChristineGaunt
    ChristineGaunt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I need some encouragement as well! Really struggling on keeping a positive attitude
  • scottwheeler75
    scottwheeler75 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Staying motivated can be really challenging. What I would suggest is that you set goals to achieve something (weight loss, bike race, or run) and then write down a plan to reach those goals. Use sites like MFP to create accountability by telling your friends what your goals are. They can then help keep you motivated. Also, try to find a friend or group to do your workouts with. That can really help you be consistent with your exercise goals.

Hope this helps!
    -Scott
  • mikestobbs1
    mikestobbs1 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Take a before picture. When it gets tough and you feel like you're not getting anywhere look back at that picture and see how far you've come. YOU achieved this, imagine how much you can achieve in another month, then another. For every 5 people that give up on something there is 1 that keeps going. Be the one. LET'S GO
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! I have a preschooler and a toddler and have been taking the time to exercise for the past 2 weeks straight and going strong!!!! Need motivation and will give :)
  • Tintin13
    Tintin13 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    This is my second time in here. All the motivation and encouragement would be helpful. Feel free to add me so we can motivate each other
  • karenlopez162
    karenlopez162 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! It feels good that we are all in the same page.
    Right now is not that I'm overweight, I'm actually thin, I'm 4 ft 11 and 110 pounds.
    The problem I have is the belly :'( Everyone says that in order to loose belly I must loose weight but that's something I don't want to do. All my life I've been way to skinny and finally I feel I look good, but the belly ruins everything...
    Any advice?
  • QAPmom
    QAPmom Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me-I am struggling with getting back into good habits!
  • Jennitalia14
    Jennitalia14 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! It feels good that we are all in the same page.
    Right now is not that I'm overweight, I'm actually thin, I'm 4 ft 11 and 110 pounds.
    The problem I have is the belly :'( Everyone says that in order to loose belly I must loose weight but that's something I don't want to do. All my life I've been way to skinny and finally I feel I look good, but the belly ruins everything...
    Any advice?

Strength training and High Intensity Interval Training...just make sure to bump up your calories and protein! You'll likely gain some weight, not size.

And regardless, LYB -- love your body -- it does so many wonderful things for us!