Bummed out!

Options
I added the MFP application to my phone in April this year. I had never logged onto the wedsite until last Wednesday. During the period of April I was a member of WW. I decided to stop paying money for something I was not feeling. I have been tracking my calories seriously for one week. I have been exercising faithfully. I weighed in today and only lost (.2) pounds! Less than half a pound! I am a little bummed out about this. I just figured I should have lost at least a couple of pounds. Help!! :sad:

Replies

• tab143
    tab143 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I would have thought that myself, but I have my first weigh in on Saturday. We shall see! You should think of it a different way - you didn't GAIN anything! You and I have the same amount to lose, so let's keep each other motivated!
    Theresa
  • lisapickering
    Options
    Don't be discouraged, just keep going. Everybody is different and how your body reacts to the change is different. Give it a couple of weeks to adjust. If you are exercising and eating the proper number of calories you WILL lose weight. Be patient!
  • kdelost630
    kdelost630 Posts: 199
    Options
    How many calories were you eating this week? Were you at least eating 1200 net? I switched from WW a few weeks ago and I think this website works better. I feel like I eat more food than I did on WW. Maybe that's the problem--eating more the first week, you may not lose as much. Give it another week and see what happens.

Don't be bummed!! Stay positive and I think you'll see results soon. Plus, you don't have to pay for this website which is great as well. :)
  • alansangel
    Options
    Tonjay1,
    I know how you feel. It makes me so mad when I am REALLY TRYING, and I lose like .3 lbs or worse, I gain .5 lbs. But you can't give up. Just keep trying. Sometimes it takes a little bit to get your metbolism going. :) JUST DON'T GIVE UP!!!! Hey losing .2 lbs is better than GAINING .2 LBS. You can do it.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    You've been seriously tracking calories for one week, give it a little time. I personally didn't see much loss initially, but when I threw in 30 minutes of exercise a week, it started coming off. Give yourself a chance, don't give up and keep moving forward. It'll happen.
  • cillytilly
    cillytilly Posts: 243
    Options
    Make sure to do your measurements. There are some weeks when it does not feel like there has been any change but you really have lost inches. You have to remember that muscle weighs more than fat.
  • SueN113
    SueN113 Posts: 46
    Options
    After 3 years of losing weight- I can tell you that those .2's add up. A loss is a loss, not a gain! =)
  • ggallo4
    ggallo4 Posts: 1
    Options
    Bummed out too! Was doing WW, lost 27 lbs, been on a plateau ever since. Increased calories to 1200, and have begun exercising.
  • tonjay1
    tonjay1 Posts: 33
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support. I will not give up. You all are right, it's better than gaining. I will keep pressing on. I am so glad that I logged on. This is the best thing ever. Thanks again.