Having trouble with finding foods higher in carbs, but lower in fats and sugars.

Options
I am making an effort to learn how to eat better. I am looking to eat less bad fats, and less bad carbs (sugar). I don't eat breads, eat pasta rarely, don't drink sugared drinks like sodas, or juices, and I rarely eat sweats. I need some advice on where I can learn more about eating foods that are higher in good carbs, but still low in bad fats and sugar. I am having trouble meeting my carb intake. Protein is good and fat is good. I am not a vegetarian/vegan, but I am not opposed to eating that way, or using vegetarian/vegan sources. Does anyone have any recommendations of sources?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    You don't need to hit your carb intake. Protein and fat are a minimum.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    whole grains - quinoa, brown rice, barley, buckwheat (kasha), etc.
    beans/lentils/peas
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    VEGGIES! brussel sprouts, broccoli, sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, all good carbs, filling and will help reach fiber goals which will have you feeling more satisfied.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    cnewbrough wrote: »
    I need some advice on where I can learn more about eating foods that are higher in good carbs, but still low in bad fats and sugar.

Rather than address what I think is the misunderstanding or misinformation in your comments, I'll refer you to a good site about nutrition:

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/what-should-you-eat/
  • cnewbrough
    cnewbrough Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Fruits veggies, whole grain breads and pastas.