scales

Options
Good morning everyone: This is my second post and I must admit I still have not stepped on the scales. I know the disappointment will be too disappointing. Will try and see if I can get on track i.e. stop eating cookies before breakfast! (Rice Krispie squares must be okay as they are cereal..right)

Replies

• shurl
    shurl Posts: 7
    Options
    Good morning everyone: This is my second post and I must admit I still have not stepped on the scales. I know the disappointment will be too disappointing. Will try and see if I can get on track i.e. stop eating cookies before breakfast! (Rice Krispie squares must be okay as they are cereal..right)
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options

:bigsmile: If you don't count the mashmallows that will keep you hungry and craving sugar for the rest of the day:drinker:
  • shurl
    Options
    I figured when the marshmellows melted so did the calories. It would be better for me if I did not bake but better quality for the lunches I send out. I will have limit my snacks and relearn not to feel deprived because I am not eating them!
  • maddysvea
    Options
    I grab a peice of fruit or a lite yogurt for my sweet tooth and it usually takes it away. Those aren't empty cals.
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    I figured when the marshmellows melted so did the calories. It would be better for me if I did not bake but better quality for the lunches I send out. I will have limit my snacks and relearn not to feel deprived because I am not eating them!

That feeling of sugar deprivation will go away as you exclude it from your diet more. On such restricted calories you will start to feel like it is waste to have all of those snacks because you wont have enough calories left for real food. You will start to crave real food more because you can inevitably eat more.
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Gum...I am all about the gum. :laugh:

dd
  • k9powerlifter
    Options
    Weight Watchers has some great low cal Ice Cream products I use to satisfy the sweet tooth. I also ran across Blue Bunny Sugar Free Double Strawberry Ice that is only 110 cals for 1/2 a cup....and it is good!!! I usually eat 1 cup though...shame on me.

I wish someone can make a low cal stuffed pizza (chicago style of course).
  • ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    "That feeling of sugar deprivation will go away as you exclude it from your diet more. On such restricted calories you will start to feel like it is waste to have all of those snacks because you wont have enough calories left for real food. You will start to crave real food more because you can inevitably eat more."

You are right on about that. I still occasionally crave sugar, but usually some honey in my tea takes care of it.

I do find I eat more then I ever did before!!! LOL I eat more often and with more variety! I never expected that to happen.

My new favorite food is asparagus! :heart:

Connie Lynn
  • wuzzi
    wuzzi Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Gum...I am all about the gum. :laugh:

dd

Definitely! AND, has anyone else discovered the power of Sugar Free Jello? I've become very inventive with it, by adding different fruit combinations and making it fizzy with tonic water or diet sprite. ALSO, the chocolate pudding is Da BOMB! This totally satifies my sweet tooth when I'm craving those rice crispy squares...don't get me started! They are my weakness but I will not let them win!
  • shurl
    Options
    You have awsome tenacity wuzzi. I just checked the message board and appreciate the ideas and suggestions. I am looking forward to a short vacation in CAlifornia and hope without access to a refrigerator I will break the eating habits I picked up over the Christmas season. I can make healthy menu choices. I am going to stock up on the sugar free pudding.
  • wuzzi
    wuzzi Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Why thank you, shurl. :smile:
    Glad to hear I'm passing on my love for sugar free pudding. If you like the jiggly kind of jello, here is a wonderful combination:

Cranberry (preferred but they usually only have it during Christmas) or Strawberry sugar free jello.
    Mandarin Oranges (canned in their own juice or light syrup)

-Before you make the jello, open up the can of mandarins, drain and rinse well. After rinsing, pat them dry. (If they are too wet they will make your jello runny on the bottom)
    -Line the bottom of a 9x9 dish (I think glass is better cuz you can see how pretty this dessert is)
    -Make the jello as directed. If you want it fizzy it tells you how to do that on the box.
    -Pour slowly over mandarins and put in the fridge!

I'm tellin' ya, jello never tasted so good to me. :wink:
  • kbglazier
    kbglazier Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I am new here too. I have been dieting for approximately 4 weeks now (down 8 lbs). I have found alot of great snack alternatives for those with a little sweet tooth. I love the sf/ff chocolate pudding snack packs with a tablespoon of ff cool whip. It really cures the sugar blues! I also love slim-a-bear ice cream snacks. I don't feel nearly as deprived as I used to at first.

I really need good ideas for "salty" snacks without the salt. Does that make any sense? I love salty chips, pretzels, etc. But I tend to retain water (even though I drink about 100 oz a day). Any ideas?
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    OK well, those who know me, know I am a bigtime scale detractor. I say don't even look at the scale for the first month. We acutally had a challenge in november about that. The scale is evil and isn't a great way to measure sucess, the scale doesn't care whether you are building (heavy) muscle while loosing fat, thus you could be transforming your body greatly and still see no results. I say go for the body fat % or take measurements instead, they are a more accurate way to judge whether you are having success. Best of luck.