Hi! New Member with Body Image Issues

Options
Hi all,

I am new to this site but after hearing all of my coworkers using it and loving it, I am sure I will love it too! My biggest issue is my body image. I am 23 years old and almost 6'1, I am 175 (which is not too bad) but when I see what a skinny body looks like, I don't think I will ever be able to achieve it. Any one that has the same kind of issues I would love to chat with.

Jamie

Replies

• EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I am new to this site but after hearing all of my coworkers using it and loving it, I am sure I will love it too! My biggest issue is my body image. I am 23 years old and almost 6'1, I am 175 (which is not too bad) but when I see what a skinny body looks like, I don't think I will ever be able to achieve it. Any one that has the same kind of issues I would love to chat with.

Jamie

What are your goals...are you trying to gain weight, tone, what? 6'1" and 175 is a really nice size, maybe even underweight depending on Body structure. I have a friend that is in the army and she is 5'10" and 165, well toned and she looks very slim and sleek.

ETA: She also carries herself like 10 million bucks. She is tall and beautiful and she strides with great confidence. I was driving down town in My hometown one day and saw this STUNNING woman walking down the street, she was about 6'2" and stood out with her stride and confidence...all I could say was WOW. That woman was Ms. Mya Angelou.
  • ssawchenko
    ssawchenko Posts: 33
    Options
    Welcome!

Don't focus on "skinny", focus on "healthy" - work towards a healthy body and you will feel wonderful, strong and confident :)
    Best of luck here, while I have been away for the past month, this site really helped me reach my goals :)
  • kickchick
    kickchick Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", muscular and a size 10. I know I have some extra fat to get rid of but I am seriously within 10 pounds of my goal weight. I weigh 172 pounds. I don't have any expectations of being a "skinny girl" because I like my curves and my muscles. So your image is what you make of it. You may never be the model type...that's ok, because we are all beautiful. Figure out the weight that you can get to based on a fitness level...like personally I want to be at about 22-24% body fat (this is fit/athletic). Some people might think that being 172 pounds is heavy....that I probably have 30-40 pounds to lose...I don't!! Because I don't want to be "skinny", I want to be fit...and to be honest I haven't been a size 6 since I was a kid. I'm comfortable with that!! I know that my height, muscle mass and large boned figure contribute to my total package...and that package is hot :)