Is there a reason some days exercise is physically so much harder?

Options
2»

Replies

• caffeinatedcami
    caffeinatedcami Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I appreciate the feedback. Of course even if I think my daily routine is more or less the same there are always going to be variables that change how my workout feels. I'm a complex organism after all. :)@JoRocka I do understand what you mean when you say workouts shouldn't continuously get easier or we wouldn't be striving for improvement. I just won't let my bad days discourage me.
  • Keithy9
    Keithy9 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    We jogg between 35 to 40 miles per week, however lately started hill runs and a bit of insanity and over motivation seems a lot better. Some weeks we feel lethargic but keep going as once completed the way it makes you feel is sòoooooooooo worth it.

Just keep up the hard work.
  • hannibalholt89
    hannibalholt89 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    1. Sleep
    2. Food
    3. Weather
    4. Other stuff

I agree there are many factors that can dictate how your workout goes thats why I just have a routine for my workouts like what i eat before them, how long before the workout i eat, just different things especially sleep, stress.
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Yes, all the time! I don't worry about it at all. I know that lots of things can impact my performance. If I'm having an off day, I'll listen to my body, slow down a bit if I need to, and come back stronger the next time.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Generally speaking, my best runs come the day after I've consumed more calories than normal or had a good few nights' sleep. Sometimes though, they just happen and I'm not aware of the factors behind it - just a nice surprise I guess.
  • conqueringsquidlette
    conqueringsquidlette Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I imagine you're just worn out. We're not totally reliable machines.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Rest days do wonders for my next workout, as long as I haven't spent my rest day doing yard work.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Bodies are weird and simply have far too many variables to identify a root cause unless you are on a strict routine. Most of the time I find that the pain goes away once I'm into my session, but there are some days I simply take a rest and hit it doubly hard the next session.
  • Cicibib
    Cicibib Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It depends on the time of the month; that is, your menstrual cycle. Usually on a week before your period working out seems a bit harder. Durinn menstruation and week post it body is highly energetic. Check this great article explaining in details each cycle and its relation to working out http://www.bengreenfieldfitness.com/2015/03/planning-your-exercise-around-your-menstruation-cycle/
  • Dreamcrusher35
    Dreamcrusher35 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    lithezebra wrote: »
    I've noticed that my off days consistently occur after a peak performance, or several days of feeling strong. Therefore, I take every 4th day as a day of active rest.
    I agree with this theory. I had a really tuff boot camp yesterday and it was hard to make myself do a standard 30 minute jog today! The body knows what it needs!
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    lithezebra wrote: »
    I've noticed that my off days consistently occur after a peak performance, or several days of feeling strong. Therefore, I take every 4th day as a day of active rest.
    ^^^^^^YEP^^^^^
    :D
    Remember, rest is paramount for continued progress.

• becalee26
    becalee26 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I jogged 20 minutes easy today I had to walk/run 3 min intervals. Think it's from being in the sun 4 hours beforehand.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    This is why my workout plans have ranges built in. As in, if I'm doing bench press today, I will work up to between 185-225, for between 4-6 reps. Some days I'll kill it, working 225x6. Other days I'm creaking out 185x4. But I'm there working it. You can probably figure out something similar for running.