What to eat at a ballpark?

Options
Healthy options?

Replies

• DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    By "healthy" do you mean "low calorie"? These days maybe they'll have some boxed salads at the concession. or maybe get a hamburger/hotdog and don't eat the bun.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Hot dogs=protein and carbs.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Really depends on the ballpark. Some of the big stadiums now a days have a TON of restaurant options. For a smaller stadium you might just go with your basic hot dog - I'd add some sauerkraut too.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Look to see if there's a place there that sells fruit/vegetable cups and deli sandwiches. I did that once if I didn't want to splurge on coneys or pizza.
  • dahhhhhling
    dahhhhhling Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I personally would just work a hotdog into my daily calories. One hotdog won't derail your progress, and you can buy a bottled water instead of getting a soda or beer. Maybe see if you can get popcorn without the butter.

It's been a while since I've been to a stadium, but I don't remember there being any "healthy" options.
  • accidentalpancake
    accidentalpancake Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Don't go to the ballpark and attempt to eat healthy. Enjoy the experience.

However, most parks have things like turkey legs, sausage on a stick, etc. that are good for protein without too much other crap in the way.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Peanuts and crackerjacks?
  • jaeisla
    jaeisla Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    oatmeal and cardio for breakfast, salad for lunch and a Dodger dog at the ballpark at night!!!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I tried to do the low calorie option at a ball game last summer while I was in a deficit and it was freaking gross. Some nasty piece of chicken on a bun, literally with a side of carrots. Get a burger, a beer, maybe fries. Enjoy yourself.