Low carb for a diabetic Type II

Options
jcl007149
jcl007149 Posts: 1 Member
Hi everyone,

I'm getting back into low carbing in order to better control my diabetes and to lose weight. I know generally what kind of things to eat and I already have some recipes but I was wondering what else was out there; show me what recipes you all love!

I'm looking for:

-Low carb/sugar
-Stop me from feeling hungry
-Some recipes to satisfy my sweet tooth! (Love chocolate but anything is good)
-Anything "budget" as I don't always have good cash flow

Thanks for any help aha :smile:

Replies

• kasperwasper007
    kasperwasper007 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Pork is generally budget friendly. allrecipes.com/recipe/pork-tenderloin-diablo/ is terrific with a green veg and cauliflower mash. Easy to divide into portions for easy meals later in the week as well.

Low carb, low cost and should definitely eradicate hunger. :)
  • salenaii
    salenaii Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    1carton heavy whipping cream 1 box of sugar free jello or pudding mix whipping cream to almost firm and jello mix or pudding mix and mix till all whipped divid into 1 cup a day and enjoy. my hubby is type 2 also this helps with the dessert cravings
  • salenaii
    Options
    August 3, 2015 2:03PM

Low Carb Smothered Jalapeno Popper Chicken
    Ingredients
    6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
    salt and pepper to taste
    For the Jalapeno Popper Layer
    1/4 cup jalapeno slices, diced (the kind in the jar that you put on nachos)
    1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
    1/2 cup low fat mayonnaise
    1/2 cup Kraft grated Parmesan
    For the Topping
    1/2 cup Kraft grated Parmesan Cheese
    Directions
    Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place chicken breast in a 13×9 casserole dish and bake until juices run clear. 30-40 minutes, depending on the size of the breast. While chicken is baking, mix jalapenos, cream cheese, low fat mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese. Mix until well combined. Remove chicken from oven and reduce to 350 degrees. Spread jalapeno popper mixture all over each Chicken breast until well covered.
    For the topping Parmesan cheese Sprinkle on top of jalapeno popper topped chicken. Bake until the tops are lightly browned, about 15 minutes. ENJOY!!!
  • rochelleciara23
    rochelleciara23 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @salenaii do u know how many carbs exactly in the jalapeño popper chicken??? It looks amazing. I kno everything in it is low carb I am just curious especially after using this app I didn't realize how fast just 1 or 2 carbs here and there add up and can affect your blood sugar!
  • salenaii
    Options
    7tnbbg56ezsx.jpg
  • pili90
    pili90 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    For your sweet tooth, freeze a banana (regular size), blueberries and raspberries (1 cup each) then blend them together (you can add some yogurt if you want to make it more ice-creamy) and sprinkle a couple of chocolate chips, sugar free....As for chocolate, dark is always the best....Or you can choose 2 or 3 fruits you like and do the same, but berries are the best I think...

For a filling thing, and not that expensive, you can mix 1 kilo of chicken breast (boiled with no salt and shredded) 1 yogurt and 1 red bell pepper (I use can ones, but both work) mix all together. You can put this with your salads, on bread, or wraps. (serving size depends on you)

You can make your own burgers, if you are not a vegetarian, by mixing ground meat(whichever you prefer) and oats soaked in water. Filling and nice, plus you can add funny things such as spices, or even other vegetables.

My mom has type 2 and I'm insulin resistant... My best suggestion is simply get creative and mix things together, specially if they don't seem to work all that well. Also,legumes are not that expensive and very good for people like us... You can eat them hot, cold, alone, in salads, make them into patties or whatever. They may not be low on carbs, but according to my nutritionist they aren't a bad choice because most of the carbs will be used.

Make omelets with any veggie you like(preferably not with a low GI), eggs, some garlic/onion/scallion and eat that with some salad....