Seeking New MFP friends for encouragement and sharing tips that work

Options
Hi my name is Kizzie and Im looking for some people who have been at this for a while and can offer motivation, workout tips and even recipes! As well as people who are new and a little bewildered just like me so we can motivate and upbuild each other, so we can keep ourselves going! Add me!

Replies

• rockstar8bubbles
    rockstar8bubbles Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I only joined today, add me if you wish!
  • KateMonster924
    KateMonster924 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Personally for me I've been doing clean eating-no processed food. I cook 6 nights a week and as a family we go out for a "cheat meal" every Friday night. I log the cheat meal honestly which makes me realize how many calories I was "wasting" eating junk food. The cheat meal has been helping me to satisfy any bad cravings I have so I can stay focused the rest of the week.

As far as recipes go, I am big into finding them on Pinterest...I search clean eating recipes and I find some great low calorie meals on there. I also subscribe to clean eating magazine.

For exercise I started running again-which I love and I've been doing 5 miles a day 4x a week and recently added in an arm challenge I found online and an ab challenge my friend sent me-which I would be more than willing to share if you're interested.

I am by no means mastered at this- I had a baby 7 weeks ago and am trying a build a routine so when I go back to work I can keep this up. I've lost 20 lbs since June, but part of that 20 was a baby mind you lol. I still have a long way to go and I am open to any tips as well!

Add me if you would like! Good luck to you!
  • missAmora
    missAmora Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Personally for me I've been doing clean eating-no processed food. I cook 6 nights a week and as a family we go out for a "cheat meal" every Friday night. I log the cheat meal honestly which makes me realize how many calories I was "wasting" eating junk food. The cheat meal has been helping me to satisfy any bad cravings I have so I can stay focused the rest of the week.

As far as recipes go, I am big into finding them on Pinterest...I search clean eating recipes and I find some great low calorie meals on there. I also subscribe to clean eating magazine.

For exercise I started running again-which I love and I've been doing 5 miles a day 4x a week and recently added in an arm challenge I found online and an ab challenge my friend sent me-which I would be more than willing to share if you're interested.

I am by no means mastered at this- I had a baby 7 weeks ago and am trying a build a routine so when I go back to work I can keep this up. I've lost 20 lbs since June, but part of that 20 was a baby mind you lol. I still have a long way to go and I am open to any tips as well!

Add me if you would like! Good luck to you!

The cheat meal once a week is actually a great idea not just for the sake of cheating but i think i would be less tempted to take a little naughty bite and pull here and there of i get that one full satisfaction per week. Also i work at McDonalds so sometimes its super hard but i find meal planning and prep helps me a lot because Im less likely to reach for that junior chicken if i have my food in my bag ready. Also which magazine do you subscribe to? Thanks!
  • KateMonster924
    KateMonster924 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It's called Clean Eating and there is another great one I found called Eating Well. Both have great recipes and they use ingredients that are in season which I love.

I can't imagine working in a restaurant and trying to lose weight! Stay strong!