I don't notice a darned thing

Options
I lost 22 lbs since being on here and I can honestly say I feel like it has done nothing. I see people's success stories on here with before and after pictures who have lost 20 pounds and you can definetly see it, when I look in the mirror i see nothing different, my clothes fit the same. The only time I get a compliment is if I say "Man, that workout was hard" or if I come out and say how much weight I have lost! Does anyone else feel like this? Will i ever see a difference? Thanks :)

Replies

• abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    have you tried on other clothes that are smaller? most clothes that uve wore for a while would still feel good on you, but if you try on anything that u have not wore for a while or just brought in a smaller size... u may notice a difference.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate. It's all going to depend on your body and how/where you see and hold your weight at. I've lost 72 lbs. since September and I know there is a difference, but it's harder for me to see than anyone else. Also, it took me until around 40 pounds before anyone said anything to me (besides my husband).
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I started at about the same weight as you. I didn't see a noticeable difference until I lost about 30 lbs. Other people started taking notice about that time as well. 30 seems to be the magic # in my opinion. But I bet you still FEEL better and your clothes are fitting better. So don't lose focus. Pretty soon you'll be bombarded with compliments!

Dani
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    It is hard to notice a difference on yourself vs. someone else noticing it. I can honestly say I didn't notice a big difference either at 20 lbs; it took a significant loss for me to notice it on myself. Even now, I look at what I still have to lose vs. what I have lost (which I shouldn't think that way). I still have a pouch that I am trying to get ride of. I would post pics in the "success story" forum to give yourself a chance to see a difference and for others to see a difference. 22 lbs gone is a fantastic accomplishment. Keep up the good work!!!
  • littlecaponey2
    littlecaponey2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Yup!!! I lost 10 pounds so far being here and I can't feel the difference in my clothes either. I have been reading people who are not seeing the scale move at all and lost 2 inches in a week! How is that possible....I lose 10 pounds and lose no inches???? I have been doing Turbo Fire and working hard and not seeing it, but I have been told to be patient.....so patient I am :)
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I'm the same as you. I've lost about 17lbs and don't notice anything different in the mirror and for the most part everything fits the same. Just for kicks about a week ago I pulled a pair of jeans out of the closet that haven't fit in a year or two and they fit perfectly! Almost too big! If you have any old smaller clothes lying around, try those on, you may be surprised.
  • Psialpha297
    Psialpha297 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Its easy to feel like this. I know for me, if i dont gain or lose 35-40 pounds i dont notice a huge difference. Just learn to appreciate the small things. When i have lose a little weight i notice my collar bone being more defined and my face looks thinner. There are changes going on with your body, even if they arent as drastic as you would like. Keep it up, you will get there =]
  • KimberSt
    KimberSt Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You took the words right out of my mouth. I am in the same boat and sinking fast. I've lost almost 20 lbs. and just can't see any difference. My first goal was to have someone notice and not one person has said ANYTHING about my current loss. It is definitely disheartening.
  • cdskates
    cdskates Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    What I've done is take pictures along the way... I've not lost much weight, but when I look in the mirror and look at that picture, I can already see it in my face.
    People look in the mirror on a daily basis, so you wouldn't notice any big changes there--you watched yourself as you lost weight. Other people, in my experience, don't look hard enough to notice. Most are very tunnel-visioned. And some just don't want to hurt your feelings "omg, lookin good, have you lost weight?!" gets taken the wrong way sometimes...
    You may also want to look at the exercises you do. Sometimes one particular exercise isn't gonna do as much for one person as it does for you.
    You can do this. It's okay.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I lost 22 lbs since being on here and I can honestly say I feel like it has done nothing. I see people's success stories on here with before and after pictures who have lost 20 pounds and you can definetly see it, when I look in the mirror i see nothing different, my clothes fit the same. The only time I get a compliment is if I say "Man, that workout was hard" or if I come out and say how much weight I have lost! Does anyone else feel like this? Will i ever see a difference? Thanks :)

Same place. Even looking at before & during pictures, I don't see much difference. But I feel healthier. I can see progress on paper and know that eventually it's going to be obvious. My husband's theory, and one I like, is that I put weight on evenly everywhere... so I also lose it evenly everywhere... that makes it harder to see.
  • AmandaHammill
    AmandaHammill Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    i felt exactly the same when i was down 20...it took til i was over 25 down to really see the difference in myself...i'm at 31 now and all of my jeans are baggy and i really do feel different, like my shape is changing with the healthy eating and exercise. i still have another 30 to go so sometimes i get bummed out because i'm not 'there' yet...as in i'm still a heavy person...but then i just remind myself by picking up something heavy that i was carrying that weight or more on a daily basis. 22 pounds is awesome!! be proud of your accomplishment...that's 4 five-pound bags of sugar and 2 one-pound bricks of butter! (or a really good sized Toddler!!).
    Hang in there!
  • frosti1031
    frosti1031 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm at the same place right now. It's frustrating to have lost such a significant amount of weight, put in so much work, and not be able to immediately notice the difference. I'm terrified of backsliding, so I am doing my best to stay focused. I have noticed my face is a bit thinner, my work shirts don't cling so tightly to my middle and exercising has become a central part of my day. I do wish that my butt wasn't still so shapeless and that my belly would be flatter already. I just have to keep working on it! Don't give up!
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Yup, I'm there too. My clothes are still tight and I look fatter, even though I've "lost" 15 lbs. I'm actually questioning my starting weight and will be buying a new scale today.

It's very discouraging. At this point, I didn't expect the world to rave about it but I thought there would be some kind of indication that 2 months of work mattered.
  • Lets_Do_It
    Lets_Do_It Posts: 202
    Options
    thanks everyone!!! I love this site, everyone on here is so nice! I feel a lot better now, and I am def going to find some clothes now and take pictures once a month :)

thanks to you all!
  • valz2000
    valz2000 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I went through the same thing when I lost my first 20. Then my mom looked at me one day when I mentioned it and she was like thats because your still hidding in the same clothes.... So I found some clothes I had not been able to wear and not only did they fit but I got compliments on how I looked... Also dont forget that your measurements are going to tell a bettwr story than the scale.