Low calorie, filling snacks/meals?

What low calorie meals/snacks does everyone eat?
At the moment of I'm peckish I just go for fruit or nuts but would like a change and want to try new things.
Also any ideas for lunches/dinners?
Thank you :)

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Nuts aren't particularly low calorie in my eyes... you can get a lot of calories from a handful quite easily.

• kerriregan959
    kerriregan959 Posts: 8 Member
    Nuts aren't particularly low calorie in my eyes... you can get a lot of calories from a handful quite easily.
    I know they're not, another reason why I asked for ideas. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Baby carrots fill me the most honestly! But if I'm really hungry for a snack, I need 200ish calories typically... Greek yogurt and an apple, apple with nut butter, piece of cheese with an apple (ok I guess you could sub the apple for berries, I just really like my pink lady apples).
  • Zhara9
    Zhara9 Posts: 6 Member
    A boiled egg
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    My go-to for snack is a boiled egg or two (I eat the white, the dog gets the yolk) and 1oz of cheese. Add a little guacamole or some pesto.
  • cpalumbo89
    cpalumbo89 Posts: 71 Member
    If I'm dying then I'll eat a whole bag of light popcorn, usually with some hot sauce.
  • kamidale
    kamidale Posts: 2 Member
    I pre-measure snacks into 100 calorie packs so I can just grab and go :)

~Fruit (apples, oranges, bananas, dried fruit)
    ~Nuts (almonds, walnuts, cashews, peanuts)
    ~Seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, squash)
    ~Natural peanut butter or almond butter
    ~Rice Cakes
    ~Popcorn
    ~Granola bar (whole grain)
    ~Crackers (whole grain)
    ~Dry Cereal (high fiber, whole grain)
    ~String cheese (low fat)
    ~Yogurt (low fat)
    ~Herbal tea
  • kaoldham
    kaoldham Posts: 14 Member

They are higher in calories but pretty darn good for you. I'm veggie so I tend to have pure nut butter every 2-3 days, depending on what else I'm eating (protein wise).

• racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    a serving of baby carrots with a 100 calorie cup (or 2, even) of Wholly Guacamole
  • _onebeauty
    _onebeauty Posts: 100 Member
    snacks... jello w/ reduced sugar (only 10 calories, & taste really good; strawberry kiwi), "fig newtons (strawberry flavor, 100 calories for 2), watermelon, coffee w/ almond milk & equal "sugar" ( calories per cup) (also staves off hunger/snackiness)

food... progresso light soups, mmm! vegetable (120 calories for can) or chicken noodle (140 calories for can)
  • bkate24
    bkate24 Posts: 73 Member
    Seconding many of these . . . light popcorn, broth type soups, boiled eggs, baby carrots with a little bit of hummus. I've started steaming vegetables - today I had some steamed greens and steamed sweet potatoes.

I'm also always an advocate for low fat low salt cottage cheese, maybe with a bit of pineapple. You can have a half a cup (113g) for less than 100 calories and it's incredibly filing and full of protein. (I'm going to become known as the cottage cheese lady on here . . . )
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    edited August 2015
    Hard boiled egg
    Roasted (and cooled) edamame
    Rice cakes...they aren't very filling, but they are yummy, if you happen to like them
    Granola
    Cottage cheese
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    _onebeauty wrote: »
    snacks... jello w/ reduced sugar (only 10 calories, & taste really good; strawberry kiwi), "fig newtons (strawberry flavor, 100 calories for 2), watermelon, coffee w/ almond milk & equal "sugar" ( calories per cup) (also staves off hunger/snackiness)

food... progresso light soups, mmm! vegetable (120 calories for can) or chicken noodle (140 calories for can)

Not a fan of 120 calorie soups.....not enough protein in them to count as a meal.

Protein, fat and fiber help keep me full.

Cottage cheese & berries. Greek yogurt with fruit & nuts. Apple slices dipped in PB2.

Popcorn is my go to snack. I pop it using very little oil (microwave bowl) and the seasonings can vary.