Sort of a win...

Options
jmruef
jmruef Posts: 824 Member
Yesterday and today I've been stressed to the hilt. Sadly, it's something I can't do ANYTHING about, it's just a really lousy, sad situation that I want to be able to FIX RIGHT NOW and I just can't. :sad: :brokenheart:

This morning, I was in the grocery store picking up yogurt for my dog [if you're a greyhound owner, you know why. If you don't know why and REALLY want to know...message me. :tongue: ], and walked by the bakery section. Muffins as big as softballs, bagels the size of frisbees, and triple chocolate bismarcks. Oh yeah, they were calling me.

But I stepped back and realized that the MAIN reason I wanted something ooey gooey calorie-laden NUMMY like that was because I was just feeling bad about this uncontrollable situation.

And I stepped back even more and did NOT succumb to The Evil Bakery Case. :smile:

Replies

• Terri_74
    Terri_74 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Fab!! Well done! That takes a lot of willpower and self motivation to do that :)
  • WWhitaker
    WWhitaker Posts: 309
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear you're in a lousy situation. "This too shall pass." I do have to say though, GOOD FOR YOU!!!! It takes so much energy to be able to walk away from something like that. I can be an emotional eater, so I completely understand. Though I'm a complete stranger to you, I am so very proud of you! Keep up the hard work and find something else aside from food that will be therapeutic to you. Try exercise, writing, cleaning, start a project. If you're stuck at work and are dazing into the computer screen and the only thing you feel will make you feel better is food, try e-mailing a friend about your concerns then take a step outside and take in some fresh air and deep breaths. Hope this is of help to you! Best of luck! :smile:
  • shy_46
    shy_46 Posts: 36
    Options
    That is great to hear. As I have been struggling with taking a step back and not going for the good stuff. Keep it up.:smile:
  • srtiemann
    srtiemann Posts: 76
    Options
    Great job! I know its hard but sometime you just have to look at the big picture.
  • philssis
    philssis Posts: 28
    Options
    Yea YOU!!! Glad you were able to make that connection. All the good things you are doing for yourself these days - YOU ARE WORTH IT!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Thats great
  • nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    To me that wouldnt be considered "Sort of a win"... I would consider that you Won that battle! And good for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!