Water Alternative

Options
I get bored with drinking water all the time and I have been trying to give up pop. So, I found clear american water at walmart (it is a flavored water). I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this product if its good for a diet or not. I mean the nutrition facts state zero for all categories even sodium! However, it does contain aspartame. Other ideas/suggestions are welcome.

Replies

• jkleman79
    jkleman79 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Can u just add some lemon or lime to your water. Something natural that has flavor instead, or even cucumbers are really good in there. Get a gallon jug and add a whole cucumber sliced up in it or lemon/limes or both at same time. This way you can refill your small water bottle up numerous times.
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Crystal Light! Seriously, it has been my life saver. I couldn't drink just plain water all the time!
    I got hooked on the Wild Strawberry kind because it has a little bit of energy in it, but I never thought it did anything for me, until I kept on buying five boxes of the on-the-go packets every time I was at the grocery store. They are spendy, but a very good way to get water in! If you like other flavors (which I'm currently obsessed with Peach Iced Tea), some of them are available in quart size packets that you can mix up like kool-aid and drink at any time. I believe it's 5 calories per packet, so it's not a bad deal!

The lemon/lime/cucumber suggestion is great too! Also, one of my teachers put mint leaves in her water all the time!
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Water can be any no sugar, no cafeine and non carbonated drink. So Crystal Light, Mio, All of the Vitamin/Lifewater/Powerade Zero's qualify.

Good Luck!
  • Kellytina
    Kellytina Posts: 7
    Options
    I love the Crystal Light too!! It definately helps me (and the rest of my family) drink enough water.
    I've also experimented with different fruits in water. My new favorite is strawberries and blueberries together. They have to be squeezed a little, but give great flavor.
    Good luck staying hydrated :smile:
  • ktorregiante
    ktorregiante Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am IN LOVE with the 0 calorie SOBE drinks. They're basically flavored water, but they use Truvia (a natural sweetener) instead of aspartame. And, in my opinion, they taste really good (my favorite is fuji apple pear). Plus, they have vitamins, antioxidants, etc. in them. And, depending on which ones you pick, they also have things like extra B vitamins for energy and/or ginsing and citramax for metabolism. They're great! You can find them typically in the bottled water section of your local grocery store. Around $1.25 a bottle, or $1.00 per bottle when they're on sale. But I tried them in the first place because I am not a fan of the fake sweeteners. And, this is the first natural sweetener I've seen available that's not splenda. Good luck!
  • kdoak87
    kdoak87 Posts: 27
    Options
    Thanks for the awesome ideas!!!! These are all great!